This week Sling TV quietly added 12 new channels to Sling TV’s free streaming service Freestream. With these new channels, you will find more movies, crime content, and more content being added.
Sling TV’s new free advertising-supported streaming television service now offers more than 335 channels after these new channels have been added and 41,000 on-demand titles.
“This milestone is just the beginning of what we have in store for Sling Freestream,” said Gary Schanman, group president, SLING TV. “We are charging full steam ahead to deliver unparalleled free live sports, news and entertainment for consumers to watch popular games, catch up on the latest headlines or enjoy award-winning TV shows, all for free.”
Here are the new channels added today:
- Living History: Spark your curiosity with Living History films. Stream documentaries that inspire, enlighten and entertain.
- Film Shorts: Don’t have the time to sink into a new show? Film Shorts is home to programming under 40 minutes in length. Quickly explore thrillers, comedy, dramas and more.
- Latino Cinema: Enjoy Spanish-language movies of all genres on Latino Cinema. Dive deep with Latin directors and performers in comedy, drama, action and adventure.
- Her TV: Home to female entertainment that entertains, inspires and uplifts. Enjoy female-led stories and performances 24/7.
- Ambient Cinema: Showcases slow and ambient programming designed for lean-back viewing. Sit back and relax with calming landscapes, music and performances.
- For the Culture: Celebrates Black culture and storylines. The diverse mix of entertainment ranges from dramas and documentaries to thrillers and action movies.
- The Classics: Revisit the past with riveting classics. The culturally classic programming produced before 2010 includes westerns, comedies and dramas.
- Crime Scenes: Uncover the truth with a range of documentaries, dramas and thrillers dedicated to the true crime genre.
- Movie Hub: Home to all things style, culture and entertainment, offering a diverse range of content for all to enjoy.
- Screams & Scares: Watch adrenaline-inducing horror movies anytime with Screams & Scares. 24/7 scares from the classics and beyond.
- The Playground: The playground made for your living room. Sing songs, dance and read along with animated characters created for kids ages three to ten.
- Suspense: Home to all things suspense and thriller. The diverse content ranges from crime and sci-fi to action dedicated to the thriller genre.
“We’re constantly aiming to offer more of what consumers want, and with our new channels we thoughtfully curated content, from horror and thriller movies to kids TV, and Black and women-led programming, to create unique channels exclusively for Sling Freestream users,” Shanman added.
Sling Freestream is available through the Sling app on Amazon, Roku, Comcast, LG, Samsung, Xbox and Vizio devices, and continues to roll out across other major devices, providing customers a no-barrier entry point to high-quality programming without any payment or credit card required.