Earlier this month, Sling TV Freestream announced it now had 335 free channels. Now this week, Sling TV quietly added at nine new channels to Sling TV’s free streaming service Freestream.
Sling TV’s new free advertising-supported streaming television service now offers more than 335 channels after these new channels have been added and 41,000 on-demand titles.
Here are the new channels Sling TV Freestream added this week:
- FilmRise Concursos De Cocina
- Great American Adventures
- NOST TV
- FilmRise The Dick Van Dyke Show
- The Archive
- Total Crime
- FilmRise Beyond Belief or Fiction
- Gusto TV
Here is a description of some of these channels:
- Great American Adventures: Great American Media introduces “Great American Adventures” – its first channel to launch on a FAST platform. Great American Adventures includes scripted and unscripted content, featuring activities like southern cooking and D.I.Y., while celebrating Great American traditions every day and every season.
- FilmRise British TV – Anglophiles, this channel is for you. Get obsessed with hit British series like medical mystery “Doc Martin” and crime drama “Line of Duty.”
- The Dick Van Dyke Show: Binge the all-time classic American sitcom that made Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore household names.
- Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction – In this non-stop marathon of the classic anthology series, host Jonathan Frakes presents five incredible stories in each episode and challenges viewers to figure out which are “fact” and which are “fiction.”
- FilmRise Family – Enjoy family movie time with epic adventures like “George and the Dragon,” hit series like “Degrassi: The Next Generation,” and other stories featuring pirates, knights, animal companions, and more.
- NOST TV – The Nostalgia Network (NOST), formerly Classic Reruns TV, is a broadcast network featuring legendary entertainment content from the 1940s through the early 1980s.
Here are the channels added to Sling TV earlier this week:
- TG Junior – TG Jr. has hundreds of fun and educational shows from categories including sing-along songs, arts and crafts and amazing animals, all for your little ones to safely enjoy.
- Toon Goggles – Toon Goggles has all your favorite kids shows including “Angry Birds,” “Talking Tom,” “Om Nom,” “Gummy Bears,” “Sonic,” “Yu-Gi-Oh!,” and many more.
- Ducktv – Ducktv, television for absolute beginners, is an original animated channel for children.
- Afroland TV – Watch free African movies, Nollywood and TV from Africa and its diaspora.
- FilmRise Comedy – Laugh along to our funniest films like “Bernie” and “Relative Strangers,” and silly series like Lorne Michaels’ sketch comedy show “Above Average Presents” and Simu Liu-led sitcom “Kim’s Convenience.”
- FilmRise Food – Satisfy your appetite for cooking competitions with “Iron Chef” and Gordon Ramsay’s cooking specials during every meal of the day.
- Living History: Spark your curiosity with Living History films. Stream documentaries that inspire, enlighten and entertain.
- Film Shorts: Don’t have the time to sink into a new show? Film Shorts is home to programming under 40 minutes in length. Quickly explore thrillers, comedy, dramas and more.
- Latino Cinema: Enjoy Spanish-language movies of all genres on Latino Cinema. Dive deep with Latin directors and performers in comedy, drama, action and adventure.
- Her TV: Home to female entertainment that entertains, inspires and uplifts. Enjoy female-led stories and performances 24/7.
- Ambient Cinema: Showcases slow and ambient programming designed for lean-back viewing. Sit back and relax with calming landscapes, music and performances.
- For the Culture: Celebrates Black culture and storylines. The diverse mix of entertainment ranges from dramas and documentaries to thrillers and action movies.
- The Classics: Revisit the past with riveting classics. The culturally classic programming produced before 2010 includes westerns, comedies and dramas.
- Crime Scenes: Uncover the truth with a range of documentaries, dramas and thrillers dedicated to the true crime genre.
- Movie Hub: Home to all things style, culture and entertainment, offering a diverse range of content for all to enjoy.
- Screams & Scares: Watch adrenaline-inducing horror movies anytime with Screams & Scares. 24/7 scares from the classics and beyond.
- The Playground: The playground made for your living room. Sing songs, dance and read along with animated characters created for kids ages three to ten.
- Suspense: Home to all things suspense and thriller. The diverse content ranges from crime and sci-fi to action dedicated to the thriller genre.
“We’re constantly aiming to offer more of what consumers want, and with our new channels we thoughtfully curated content, from horror and thriller movies to kids TV, and Black and women-led programming, to create unique channels exclusively for Sling Freestream users,” Shanman added.
Sling Freestream is available through the Sling app on Amazon, Roku, Comcast, LG, Samsung, Xbox and Vizio devices, and continues to roll out across other major devices, providing customers a no-barrier entry point to high-quality programming without any payment or credit card required.