Last week Sling TV announced a major shake up to their live TV streaming service and added many new channels to their lineup. Lost in all the news was the fact that they will be adding even more stations in the future.
Local NBC channels are going to be added market by market with no set date for release. Because many NBC channels are independently owned and operated, Sling TV needs to make a deal with each one of their owners. So some areas may get their local channels long before others are added to Sling TV.
Comcast Sports Network is also being added to Sling TV at a future date. They are already advertising on the website, so it should be expected to be made available shortly. Currently Comcast SportsNet will only be available in Californias Bay Area, Chicago, and the Mid-Atlantic on Sling TV but as with all things new areas could be added at a later date.
Here is a full breakdown of all the big changes to the Sling TV packages.
Sling TV Pricing Updates
Introduced as a beta service in April, Sling TVs multi-stream service, called Sling Blue, is now priced at $25 per month. Customers who signed up during the beta phase will receive the additional channels found in Sling Blue and their price will remain $20 per month with their current subscription.
The single-stream service, now called Sling Orange, remains priced at $20 per month.
Sling TV Programming Updates
Sling Orange and Sling Blue
- Sling Orange and Sling Blue core services now include BBC America.
- Sling Blue (multi-stream) is available to new customers for $25 per month and includes local NBC (for select markets), USA, Bravo, NBCSN, and Syfy.
- Sling Blue customers will have access to live, local NBC broadcast stations in the following markets: Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Hartford, Connecticut, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, and Washington DC. Access to on-demand programming will be available in a later update.
- Regional Sports Networks for select markets (Comcast SportsNet: Californias Bay Area, Chicago, and Mid-Atlantic) coming soon.
- Sling TV expects to add local content from NBC affiliates in the future on a market-by-market basis.
Sling Blue Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Blue Extras, each priced at $5 per month:
- Sports Extra (New Extra Pack): Golf Channel joins beIN Sports, Outside TV, and Univision Deportes
- Lifestyle Plus Extra: E!, Oxygen, and Vibrant TV join VH1, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV, and LMN
- World News Extra: BBC World News, CNBC, and MSNBC join HLN, Euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24/7, and RT Network
- Best of Spanish TV: NBCUniverso joins 24 other Spanish and bilingual channels
- All other extras for Sling Blue remain unchanged
Sling Orange Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Orange Extras, each priced at $5 per month:
- Lifestyle Plus Extra: Vibrant TV joins VH1, BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV, and LMN
- World News Extra: BBC World News joins HLN, Euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24×7, Fusion, and RT Network
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.