Sling TV had a busy week with the addition of six new channels and a new DVR beta.
The following is a quick summary of everything Sling TV added this week:
STARZ Channels –Now, STARZ Kids & Family, STARZ Edge, STARZ Comedy, and STARZ West are all a part of Sling TV’s STARZ premium, bringing even more movies and original series for everyone to enjoy. This is in addition to STARZ and STARZ Encore that have already been in the STARZ premium add-on. The STARZ premium is available to all Sling TV subscribers and remains $9 per month.
STARZ Kids & Family –Bring the family together for hours with kid favorites such as The Good Dinosaur and Annie. With animated classics and live-action adventures, there’s a little something for all ages to enjoy on STARZ Kids & Family.
STARZ Edge –For those who can’t get enough heart-stopping drama, action, and adventure, STARZ Edge delivers. From bold original series to the best movies such as I Am Wrath and The 5th Wave, STARZ Edge is the nonstop source for the TV you crave.
STARZ Comedy –The laughter never stops on STARZ Comedy, with gutbusting original series and movies that keep you entertained all day long. STARZ Comedy brings the funny with comedies such as Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story and Me, Myself, and Irene.
STARZ West –STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, and now all Sling TV subscribers with STARZ will have access to the Pacific feed of STARZ. From bold original series such as “Ash vs Evil Dead” to the best movies such as Star Wars: The Force Awakens, STARZ ignites your passions.
Fandor Festival –The indie film community will now enjoy hand-picked independent films, documentaries, and more from Fandor Festival, now in the Hollywood Extra for Sling Orange and Sling Blue customers. Additionally, Fandor Festival is giving Sling TV subscribers five movies per month, at no extra cost, to the base packages of Sling Orange and Sling Blue.
Z Living Network –“Z Living is a TV network bringing you the best in health and wellness entertainment. We’re dedicated to telling compelling stories that motivate you to live a happier and healthier life… on your own terms.” It goes on to say, “We’re here to cheer you on, not tear you down, in your journey to a happier and healthier you. The path to living well shouldn’t feel like a chore, it should be a celebration of you. We want to be a companion on your journey to wellness, that friend who can always make you smile, not matter what life throws at you. Together, we’ve got this.”
“Unlike other OTT services, we’re delivering a true cloud DVR with no 28-day restriction on your recordings, marking another win for Sling TV and our customers,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “Two years ago we became the first live OTT provider, and we continue to innovate and bring the best experience to our customers.”
Cloud DVR features
- Availability –Cloud DVR will be available across all Roku devices to beta customers who subscribe to the single-stream service, Sling Orange, and/or the multistream service, Sling Blue.
- Entertainment on your time –Record movies, episodes, or full series, with the ability to pause, rewind, or fast-forward recorded content. DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording –Users may record multiple programs simultaneously with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access –DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV’s “My TV” screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management –Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest “watched” recording when capacity is full.
- Up to 100 hours of cloud DVR storage at no extra charge
- More features to come –Sling TV will continue to evolve the cloud DVR throughout the beta period based on customer feedback and usage behavior. DVR features planned for future development include the ability to upgrade storage space and protect recordings.
Currently the DVR is in closed beta right now. You can learn more about the DVR HERE.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.