Today Sling TV rolled out DVR support for more devices today. You will now find the DVR on iOS, Windows 10, and their Air TV player. To get the new features on iOS you just need to go into iTunes and update the app.
We have reached out to Sling TV for details and to find out if it was added to any other devices. We will update this story as we learn more.
- Protect Want to watch that epic sports play over and over or keep a favorite movie from being deleted? Now you can! If you want to keep a recording, simply choose Protect in the Manage DVR section, and the recording will stay on your DVR as long as you subscribe.
- DVR Folders We know it can be time-consuming to scroll through all your recordings, so weve made it simpler by grouping shows from one series into a single folder. That way, if youre looking to catch up on every Game of Thrones episode before the premiere or binge-watch House Hunters, youll find all your recordings in one place. Roku users can currently see the new DVR Folders feature, and we will continue rolling it out to other devices soon.
- Record from Franchise Now you can record a show or series from its franchise screen, so if you search for a show like The Walking Dead, you can see episodes available on demand and set a recording for new episodes as they come out.
In addition to the new protect and folder options, other features current Cloud DVR customers love include:
- Conflict-free recording Record multiple programs simultaneously, and forget about recording conflicts.
- Keep recordings as long as you want With Sling TV, your recordings wont expire as long as you remain a Sling TV subscriber with Cloud DVR.
- Auto-managed recordings Sling TV will make room for new recordings by deleting your old recordings as you reach capacity, starting with your oldest watched recording, so you can binge on your new favorite show.
- Easy sign-up Cloud DVR is easy to add or remove from your account, just like any other Extra on Sling TV. Customers may add Cloud DVR to their Sling TV subscription by signing in to their account on sling.com and selecting Add Cloud DVR.
Here is a quick look at what is new:
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.