If you own a Samsung TV, you may have noticed its free streaming service. Multiple readers have now reported that the Samsung TV Plus has been down on the smart TV app for most of the day.
Samsung TV Plus is a free, ad-supported streaming platform available on its the consumer electronics giant’s smart televisions. Like other free platforms, it’s spent the last year building its library, and is ending the year with several key additions, including channels dedicated to popular A&E shows. The service is built directly into newer Samsung TVs. Now the service has been down for most of the day on December 20, 2023.
Right now, this outage seems to only be affecting the app on Smart TVs as the website is still working letting anyone stream Samsung TV Plus for free streaming online through the website.
At this time, Samsung has not posted any updates about the outage. Customer service has been telling customers they are aware of the outage and are working on fixing it.
This news comes as Samsung recently added seven local FOX news channels for community stories, sports updates, weather forecasts and more. The new markets are Austin, Detroit, Milwaukee, Orlando, Phoenix, Seattle and Tampa Bay.
Samsung TV also recently added several other channels, including:
- American Pickers by HISTORY – In small towns along America’s backroads, hidden treasures await to be uncovered. Join two expert pickers Mike and Frank as they cross the nation to track down forgotten objects with historical, collectible, and pop culture significance.
- Hoarders by A&E – A renowned series granting unprecedented access into the homes of people locked in a battle against compulsive hoarding. The grip of possessions has spiraled so far out of control as they stand on the edge of life-threatening situations.
- Flipping Nation – The always-on home for renovation fanatics. Follow the best house flippers out there, with series including Flip This House, Zombie House Flipping, Triple Digit Flip, 24 Hour Flip, and more. So flipping good you won’t want to miss it.
- 60 Days In by A&E – 60 Days In sends undercover volunteers into jails to expose the real stories of life inside. These harrowing journeys serve a higher purpose, helping those in charge improve conditions. Facing danger and loneliness, can they last?
- Intervention by A&E – When people with uncontrollable addictions come to the brink of destruction, devastated family and friends turn to interventionists for help. This iconic series follows these stories leading up to the decisive moment of intervention.
- History 365 – Dive deeper into the subjects you want to know more about with hit series from The History Channel, such as “America the Story of Us,” “Modern Marvels” and “The Men Who Built America”. It’s the ultimate channel for every History lover.
- Storage Wars: LA by A&E – Pros have a chance to strike it rich with left-behind treasures – or wind up with nothing but junk.
- Bring It! by Lifetime – Intense rehearsals, thrilling battles, and fierce rivalries.
- Little Women: LA by Lifetime – With big personalities and even bigger dreams, these extraordinary women tackle life’s challenges head-on.
- Mountain Men by HISTORY – Epic survival series following rugged men battling the elements, wildlife, and isolation to live off the grid.
- I Survived… by A&E – Gripping and harrowing, these are the unforgettable stories of people who overcame the odds and made it out alive.
- Alone by HISTORY – The ultimate test of survival. Stranded in the wilderness, brave contestants battle the elements, hunger, and isolation. Armed with only their skill and limited supplies, they push their physical and mental limits to survive against all odds.
- Forged in Fire by HISTORY – Witness world-class bladesmiths battle fire, time, and each other to figure some of history’s most iconic edged weapons. From the mighty Viking sword to the Japanese katana, every episode is an epic competition of skill and steel.
- Swamp People by HISTORY – Step into the Louisiana swamps, where hunters battle massive alligators and confront Mother Nature. Witness their daring navigation of treacherous terrain as they risk their lives to control the population of these formidable creatures.
- Hagerty – The Hagerty channel on Samsung is a 24/7 network that celebrates cars and car culture: The joy of driving, the satisfaction that comes from getting your hands dirty, and the bond drivers share with fellow enthusiasts. Focused on the 67 million US car enthusiasts the Hagerty channel includes fan favorites such as Jason Cammisa’s “Icons” and “Ultimate Drag Race Replay;” “The Driver’s Seat” with Henry Catchpole; “Capturing Car Culture” with Larry Chen; “The Barn Find Hunter” with Tom Cotter, and more.
- Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman – This family Western show centers on the adventures of Michaela Quinn, a doctor who lives in the post-Civil War frontier town of Colorado Springs.