Today, Roku announced that the service will now be available in Brazil, in partnership with AOC, bringing an affordable streaming option to the country.
“I’m delighted to bring Roku to Brazil, one of the largest streaming markets in the world,” said Anthony Wood, Founder and CEO of Roku. “With the arrival of Roku, consumers in Brazil will now be able to enjoy their favorite TV programs and movies on the easy to use Roku platform. We want to bring streaming to everyone in Brazil.”
Roku is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in the country. The new AOC Roku TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable value. There will be two AOC Roku TV options: a 32” HD TV and a 43” FHD TV, both with integrated wired and wireless connectivity.
“TPV Group has an excellent relationship with Roku in the United States, and we are glad to bring this partnership to Brazil. It makes perfect sense for AOC to work with the No. 1 TV streaming platform in the U.S. and to launch the Roku platform in Brazil. Consumers will enjoy many great Roku TV features on the 32” and 43” televisions for the best streaming experience,” said Andre Romanon, Head of Marketing and Product at TPV Brazil.Additional AOC Roku TV features include:
- Simplicity: A simpler smart TV experience that displays all the entertainment options (streaming, cable/satellite, antenna) on one personalized home screen.
- Roku Search: Makes it easy to discover something great to watch. Simply search by title or actor to find shows or movies to watch.
- Roku Remote: A simple remote to navigate TV and streaming channels along with channel shortcut buttons.
- Free Roku mobile app: Control the TV via the mobile remote or keyboard, enjoy private listening with headphones, available on both Android and iOS.
- Automatic Software updates: Receive new streaming channels and features automatically without lifting a finger.
To best reach the local audience in Brazil, Roku is also launching a Globoplay channel. Globoplay will be among the first local Brazilian streaming services available on the Roku platform. Through Globoplay on the Roku platform, consumers will be able to enjoy live TV, TV shows and top movies, on demand.
“The partnership with Roku has a strategic importance for the development of the streaming market in Brazil. Globoplay content will allow Roku to have an excellent position in our market in the long run. Given the importance of the Roku platform in other countries, we believe Roku has a great opportunity in our country,” said Fernando Ramos, Executive Director of G2C Globo.
“What our customers most want is great, local content and we are thrilled to bring to Brazilian consumers the best streaming entertainment from Globo through Globoplay on the Roku platform,” said Arthur van Rest, Vice President of International at Roku. “Globo is the ideal partner for us to enter the Brazilian market. With Globoplay and Roku, together we can create the ultimate living room experience by providing the best streaming content for everyone in the family.”
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!