Roku announced today that there’s a new bundle available, including the Roku Ultra and the Roku Voice Remote Pro, for under $100.
Along with offering users a deal on Roku’s high end streaming device and newly released remote, this launch also solves the mystery of the unknown model number that briefly appeared on the list of Roku OS 11 compatible devices that we noticed back in March. This bundle has the 4802X model number that was on (and deleted from) that list.
“At Roku, we are committed to providing our users with the best possible streaming experience with a focus on choice, value and ease of use,” said Chris Larson, vice president of Retail Strategy, Roku. “With the release of the Roku Ultra and Roku Voice Remote Pro bundle we’re adding even more features to our most powerful player while keeping the price under $100, ensuring that high performance is readily accessible. With a click of a button or by using the remote’s hands-free voice commands, Roku Ultra users can access the content they want, set shortcuts for favorite channels, or find a lost remote without moving from the couch. The best just keeps getting better.”
According to Roku’s press release, here’s what you’ll get with the new bundle:
The most recent version of the Roku Ultra, launched in 2020, is the brand’s most powerful streaming device. The Ultra offers faster channel launching and the best image quality.
- Outrageously Powerful: With a lightning-fast interface and channels that launch in a snap, Roku Ultra is the fastest and most powerful Roku player ever.
- Dolby Vision/HDR10+/4K: Stunningly sharp 4K picture brings out the rich detail in your entertainment with four times the resolution of HD. Watch as colors pop off your screen and enjoy lifelike clarity with Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
- Dolby Atmos: Immersive entertainment with sound that moves all around with breathtaking realism. Sound recorded in stereo is limited to left and right channels. Sound mixed in Dolby Atmos allows a deeper connection to shows and movies.
- Roku’s Best Wi-Fi: A strong, steady Wi-Fi connection is important for streaming the highest picture quality, especially in rooms farther from your router. Users can enjoy fast, seamless streaming anywhere in their home with Roku’s best Wi-Fi or choose to wire up over Ethernet.
Roku Voice Remote Pro
The Roku Voice Remote Pro is an upgraded version of the Roku remote, made with a rechargeable battery, hands-free voice for easy commands, personal shortcut buttons, and more.
- Rechargeable battery: Keep your remote powered for ~two months on a single charge. It works with any standard USB charger so you can save money on batteries and help keep them out of landfills.
- Hands-free: Forget about reaching for the remote. Just say “Hey Roku” and a command to turn the TV on, adjust the volume, control playback and more without lifting a finger.
- Lost remote finder: Say “Hey Roku, find my remote” and listen for a little chime to locate or use the button on the Roku Ultra player or download the free Roku mobile app (available for iOS and Android).
- TV controls: Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming —all with one remote.
- Personal shortcuts: Set personal shortcuts using your voice for one-touch control to launch your go-to channel, pull up search results for your favorite movie, actor/actress and more.
- Private listening: Don’t wake the house, just plug in the included headphones into the headphone jack on the remote, crank up the volume and enjoy your favorite show.
- Push-to-talk: Prefer to use traditional Roku Voice? Leverage the hardware switch to turn off the hands-free voice feature and use push-to-talk voice controls instead.
The Roku Ultra bundle, including the Roku Voice Remote Pro, is available for $99.99 at Roku.com today and will be available at major retailers in the U.S. beginning May 15th.