Today, Roku and Sharp Home Electronics announced a partnership to release new Roku TVs with 4K UHD with OLED 4K UHD and LCD 4K UHD made by Sharp.
These TVs will start at 50″ and go up to 75″ and these will be the first TV in the world with OLED running the Roku TV OS. These TVs will also feature Dolby Vision IQ™ and Dolby Atmos® technologies.
“We are pleased to be working with Roku to support our return to a US market as competitive as televisions,” said Jim Sanduski, President of Sharp Home Electronics Company of America. “The immersive experience of our AQUOS OLED panel means our consumers will truly enjoy their Sharp Roku TV set to its fullest potential with the rich library of entertainment options and original content that Roku brings to our customers.”
The Sharp AQUOS OLED 4K UHD TVs include:
- Video Display Technologies:
- Dolby Vision IQ™ extends Dolby’s HDR technology to improve the picture performance of Dolby Vision content according to the room’s ambient light.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10), a set of video encoding standards that makes colors vivid and maximizes contrast while minimizing the loss of data in bright or dark areas.
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), an HDR format that improves color reproduction and contrast for digital video broadcasting.
- Audio Technologies
- The 30W (15W+15W) Speaker System and Dolby Atmos® delivers an incredible depth of sound, clarity, and details for an experience you can feel all around you, even at lower volume settings.
- Gaming Display Technologies:
- Combined with a native 120Hz panel, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) across all 4 HDMI inputs, enables the TV to adjust its refresh rate automatically in real-time to match the frame rate outputted by a video game console or PC.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) switches off all motion processing features to minimize latency.
“We’re excited to be a part of Sharp’s return to the US television market at this pivotal time in the evolution of smart TV technology,” said Tom McFarland, Vice President of Business Development at Roku. “This provides a wonderful opportunity for customers to experience the stunning audiovisual capabilities of a Sharp OLED TV with Roku, America’s #1 TV streaming platform, built in.”
“We know consumers turn on televisions to experience their dreams across a variety of content,” says Peter Weedfald, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Sharp Home Electronics Company of America. “America’s first Sharp Roku TV OLED 4K Ultra HD with HDR10 TVs with the full Roku TV experience built in smartly features both Dolby Vision IQ™ and Dolby Atmos® technologies which truly makes your family’s entertainment dreams come true.”
|AQUOS OLED 4K UHD||Mainstream 4K UHD|
|Class Sizing||55″ Class (54.5″ Diag.) 65” Class (64.5” Diag.)||50″ Class (49.5″ Diag.) 55″ Class (54.5″ Diag.) 65″ Class (64.5″ Diag.) 75″ Class (74.5″ Diag.)|
|Display||4K 120Hz||4K 60Hz|
|Audio Output||30W (15W + 15W)||16W (8W + 8W)|
|HDMI||4 (1 port w/ eARC)||4 (1 port w/ eARC)|
|Optical S/PDIF Output||Yes||Yes|
These TVs will be for sale on Sharps website and online.