Today Roku announced a new expansion to its smart home lineup. Joining a collection of smart lights, cameras, and more is a new home security system. The Roku Home Monitoring System SE will offer 24/7 monitoring to keep your home safe.
“Roku’s new home monitoring system provides peace of mind, while being easier than ever to set up, control and monitor,” said Mark Robins, Vice President, Roku Smart Home. “We are proud to further extend Roku’s Smart Home lineup with affordable and delightful ways to secure the safety of any home.”
The Roku Home Monitoring System SE kit will cost $99 and be for sale on Roku.com on May 11th and Walmart starting May 15th.
Here is everything that will come in the Roku Home Monitoring System SE kit:
- Two entry sensors: Get notified on your phone when a door or window is open, closed, or left open.
- Motion sensor: Get notified – or automatically turn on a light – when motion is detected. Got a dog or cat? Ignore pets with an adjustable setting.
- Hub with built-in siren: Notify the house – and the neighborhood – if an emergency is detected.
- Keypad: Easily arm or disarm your home, change modes, or manually sound your alarm.
Roku says the system will be easily expandable with entry sensors, motion sensors, and additional keypads.
The Roku Home Monitoring will come with an option to add professional monitoring powered by Noonlight. The cost for the service will be $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year well below the cost of other similar systems. If you signup for the yearly plan, you will receive 50% off your first year.
Here is how Roku describes what this system can do:
- Monitor your home from your TV – See an on-TV notification and alarm countdown when your Roku Home Monitoring System SE is armed, and a sensor is triggered.
- Access your camera event history on your TV – Experience seamless integration between your connected camera and doorbell smart home devices with the Roku Cameras app, which downloads automatically to your Roku player or TV powered by the Roku OS. View live camera footage with ease, and now, simply click into “Events” to see previous recordings history filtered by preference.
- Control Roku Smart Home devices with just your voice – Simply speak into your Roku remote or mobile app to control Roku lights or smart plugs, show live camera feeds on your Roku-powered TV screen, and more. Roku Voice integration now allows you to turn Roku lights on or off and change their brightness and color, hands-free or at the click of a button.
This move into home security shows one more way Roku is looking to expand into the smart home.