If you are streaming video you need to be using at least a N wireless network. If you have a older G wireless device you may want to think about using something like the Kinvo WID380 Wireless N USB Adapter.
- Wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps with 802.11n and channel bonding.
- Includes 3 feet USB extension cable to allow for optimal positioning for wireless antennas
- Compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7. Compatible with all 802.11g/b/n 2.4GHz wireless networks
- Dual external 2dBi antennas enhance wireless signal strength and range
- WEP, WPA and WPA2 (TKIP+AES) encryption for security
Benefits of N over G
- N can do 450 Mbps and G can do 54 Mbps
- G can do about 2 full HD streams but N can do 14 full HD streams at once
- N is also cable of handling 8x the users that G can handle on the same network
- Speed upto 300mbps: Supports wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps with 802.11n and channel bonding enabled wireless access points
- Dual Antennas: R2 x 2dBi antennas enhances wireless experience by improving wireless signal strength and range
- USB Extension Cable: Includes 3 feet USB extension cable to allow for optimal positioning for wireless antennas
- Compatible with all 802.11g/b/n 2.4GHz wireless networks
- Security encryption using WEP, WPA and WPA2 (TKIP+AES)
What’s in the Box
- Kinivo WID380 Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter
- Installation CD (1 inch) for Windows 8.1, 8 and 7
- USB Extension Cable
Now remember your network is only as good as your speed from your ISP. So well N can do 14 HD movies at once your ISP speed needs to be able to do that also.
You can find the Kinvo WID380 on Amazon here: