Quibi is set to launch on April 6, 2020. Today, Tech Crunch reported that the streaming service, designed for viewing on mobile devices, is now available for pre-orders on the App Store and Google Play.
Quibi will offer quick videos, 10 minutes or less, that viewers can stream any time they have a few extra minutes in the day. Content will include drama, comedy, documentaries, news, and sports.
With the app, Quibi says “You’re in full control of what you watch and how you watch it. Vertical, horizontal; no matter how you hold your phone, everything is framed to fit your screen. There are right and left-hand controls (you choose!). Even quiet mode to watch in noisy places.”
Subscriptions will cost $4.99/month with ads and $7.99/month for an ad-free experience. A Quibi subscription will get you fresh new content each week, including original movies in chapters, told 10 minutes at a time, unscripted shows, and “daily essentials” to you informed on news, sports, finance, and culture.
More info on Quibi subscriptions:
- Your subscription begins after your free trial, if applicable, and will auto-renew each month.
- Have a change of heart? You can switch plans in your in-app settings. Or cancel your subscription anytime via the App Store.
- Payment will be charged to your App Store account each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the renewal date.
- You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings and selecting Subscriptions.
- If your subscription is canceled, the cancellation will be effective at the end of the current subscription period.
- No refunds will be offered, and any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you change your existing subscription to Quibi (Ad-Free).
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!