Prime Day 2022 is right around the corner. Here’s what we know so far and what to expect from Amazon’s biggest sale of the year.
When Is Prime Day 2022?
Prime Day 2022 will take place on July 12 and 13.
What to Expect from Prime Day 2022
Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest annual sale when Prime members can find deals on everything from electronics to home goods to digital services.
Like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Prime Day often gives members some of the best prices on big purchases like smart TVs and appliances, so if you’ve been planning to invest in something like a new laptop or one of those really high end ice makers that makes the perfect pebble shaped ice cubes (you know what I’m talking about, right?) it might be worth comparing prices during Prime Day.
Amazon devices like Fire TV, Echo, the eero Mesh WiFi system, and Kindle are always on sale for Prime Day and you’re likely to see them at their lowest prices of the year. In past years, Amazon has also had great deals on Amazon Prime Video Channels, if you’re interested in trying out a premium channel to binge watch a new series.
You’ll need to be a Prime member to take advantage of all the Prime Day deals. If you’re not a Prime member yet, you can sign up here with a one week free trial.
While most deals will begin when the sale officially starts on July 12, some deals will begin as early as June 21. Here are a few of the early deals Amazon is highlighting:
- Score Big on Amazon Devices: Get deals starting June 21 and save up to 55% on select Amazon devices, including Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) and Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Kids, Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon Glow with Tangram Bits, Halo Band, Luna Controller, Fire 7 Tablet (2019 release), Echo Dot (4th Gen) with a Free Smart Bulb, Ring Alarm Security Kit 8-Piece (2nd Gen), Blink Video Doorbell, eero mesh WiFi routers, and more.
- Save on Fire TV smart TVs: Starting at just $89.99, save early with Fire TV smart TVs from brands including Toshiba, Insignia, Pioneer, and Amazon.
- Insignia 24-inch HD Smart Fire TV: $89.99 (47% off)
- Insignia 32-inch HD Smart Fire TV: $99.99 (44% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 55-inch Omni Series 4K UHD smart TV, hands-free with Alexa: $299.99 (46% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 43-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $199.99 (46% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 50-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $259.99 (45% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 55-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $284.99 (45% off)
- Toshiba 75-inch M550-Series 4K UHD Smart Fire TV: $699.99 (50% off)
- Pioneer 43-inch 4K UHD Smart TV: $199.99 (37% off)
- Save with new Amazon Fresh Stores Prime Benefit: Starting June 29, Prime members will save 20% on select everyday essentials at Amazon Fresh stores across the U.S. Members can enjoy this new benefit year-round by scanning their Amazon app at the register or paying with a credit card registered to their Prime account.
- Earn Rewards with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card: From July 1 through July 29, Prime members get a $200 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Cardmembers with an eligible Prime membership can earn 6% back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market on Prime Day and 5% back year-round, plus 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back everywhere Visa is accepted.
Not to be outdone, Amazon’s competitors tend to have their own sales during Prime Day. Look for sales at Target, Best Buy, Walmart, and other retailers and get ready to compare prices to make sure you’re saving as much money as possible.