Last week Pluto TV rolled out a large update to its Roku Channel with a new user interface and new features. Since that update, a growing number of Roku owners have found themselves unable to launch Pluto TV. Now Pluto TV has announced a fix:
We've identified an issue impacting a small group of Roku users and have a fix being released early next week. In the meantime, please uninstall/reinstall the Pluto app – this has resolved the issue for most viewers. Thank you. Stay tuned!
— Pluto TV (@PlutoTV) February 29, 2020
This advice is great for any app that does not work after an update. If you ever have an issue with a new app always try to uninstall the app and install it again. This will typically fix the issue.
The good news is this new update offers new features. With the new design, Pluto TV has made it easier for users to jump to each of the content categories: Featured, Movies, Entertainment, News, Binge Watch, Comedy, Sports, Explore, Life + Style, Tech + Geek, Kids, Latino, and Music. The categories are listed in a menu above the grid guide for easy navigation.
Here’s how Pluto describes each of the updates that came with Version 5.0.
- New Interface: Pluto TV is always on. Our new and improved channel lineup shows you the entire universe of Pluto TV’s movies and TV shows in an easy-to-navigate channel guide and on-demand menu.
- Channel Favoriting: Is it a mystery trying to find the Unsolved Mysteries channel? Tag your fave channels to keep them at the top of your channel guide, every time you watch Pluto TV.
- Add to Watch List & Watch Now: See something you love on one of our 250+ channels? We’re not surprised. If your title is available on-demand, you’ll see the “Watch Now” button pop up in the guide. Click that to watch it on demand.
- Genre Category Navigator: Find what you love even faster. Choose from categories like Movies, News, Entertainment, and Sports to skip directly through Pluto TV’s 250+ channels to the channels you love the most.
- More features are coming soon! Onwards and upwards!
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.