Today Plex announced a new partnership with TIDAL to bring 60 million songs to Plex Pass subscribers. This deal brings Plex Pass subscribers 30 day free access 60 million high-quality music tracks, 244,000+ videos, and unique editorial content, making Plex Pass a more interesting cord cutting option. After that, you can add Tidal for an additional cost.
“An incredible music and media experience is something that matters to both TIDAL and Plex users, and the addition of TIDAL’s music streaming service within Plex makes it the only solution that organizes and curates all major media types in one place,” said Keith Valory, CEO of Plex. “It’s another step closer to making all the media that matters to you accessible from one app, on any device, anytime.”
“Plex’s focus on high-quality content aligns perfectly with the unique music and content experience that TIDAL fans love. Partnering with Plex is part of our continued strategy of integrating TIDAL seamlessly into subscribers lives with a one-stop shop like Plex,” said Lior Tibon, COO of TIDAL.
At launch, TIDAL’s entire music catalog will be available on Plex. Other features include:
- Artist Recommendations: On the artist page, Plex will recommend other artists you might like that aren’t in your library.
- Filling in Missing Albums: Plex will show you any missing albums from artists in your library.
- Augmented Artist Radio: Enhances the Plex artist radio feature, which generates a mix from a specific artist to include tracks from TIDAL.
- New Releases: New album release recommendations for artists in your library.
- Universal Playlists: Mix and match from your own library, shared libraries, and TIDAL.
- Universal Search: Hear about a new band? Our apps now return TIDAL results alongside matches from your library, for maximum convenience.
- Discovery Radio: Helps you discover new gems, from artists that are not in your library, based on the bands that are.
- Music Videos: Users will be able to enjoy TIDAL’s incredible 244,000+ music video collection across all Plex mobile and TV apps.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!