Today PlayStation Vue on the Apple TV rolled out several new features. Including the ability to pair an IR TV remote allowing you to use a more traditional remote. An IR remote is something PlayStation Vue has done for years with devices like their PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4. The only question now is what IR TV remotes will be supported.
Here are the Apple TV & iOS update notes as seen on their in-app announcement:
Thanks for using PlayStation Vue! Here’s what under the hood in our latest release:
You asked, we listened: pair your IR TV remote (in Settings) to control playback including pause, fast-forward, and rewind
- Press and hold on the right and left edges of the AppleTV remote to fast-forward and rewind
- Chose a favorite profile to auto log-in with
- Change the date on the Guide quickly. Press Menu to select a date – no more scrolling up or down
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Here are the update notes for the iPhone and iPad version:
- Play Live Content from Channel Tiles
- Enables iOS Lock Screen Video Controls
- Bug Fixes
Many of these updates seem very specific to the Apple TV. Yet a few of them like the ability to quickly change the date on the Guide could easily be rolled out to other devices like Roku Players or the Fire TV. Hopefully, Sony works to bring these new PlayStation Vue features to more devices.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.