Late last year Sony announced that its PlayStation Vue service would be adding many new local stations. We already saw a handful of CBS stations added and now, in the last week, it added 20 more.
Here is the full list of the new CBS stations that have been added in the last week:
Added Wednesday, 1/11/17
- Oklahoma City – News 9
- Tulsa – News On 6
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy – CBS 6
- Myers-Naples – WINK-TV
- Portland-Auburn – CBS 13
- Harlingen-Wslco-Brnsvl-Mca – CBS 4
- Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City-Dubuque – CBS 2
- El Paso (Las Cruces) – CBS 4
- South Bend-Elkhart – WSBT 22
- Burlington-Plattsburgh – WCAX
Added Thursday, 1/12/17
- Traverse City-Cadillac – 9&10 News
- Santa Barbara-Santa Maria – San Luis Obispo – KCOY 12
- Monterey-Salinas – KION News Channel 5
- Salisbury – WBOC 16
- Palm Springs – CBS Local 2
- Idaho Falls-Pocatello-Jackson – KIDK 3
- Knoxville – Local 8 News
- Wichita-Hutchinson Plus – KWCH 12
- Roanoke-Lynchburg – WDBJ 7
- Colorado Springs-Pueblo – KKTV 11
With the addition of these 20 CBS stations about half of PlayStation Vue subscribers can access their local CBS station, which is great news for the estimated 10% of Americans who struggle to access CBS for free over the air.
It always sounds great to say free over-the-air CBS covers 90% of the American population; however, that still leaves about 20 million Americans who will struggle to get access to CBS. Hopefully more local stations jump on board to offer local channels as an option to stream.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.