If you are a Peacock customer, you may have noticed earlier today that local NBC affiliate feeds vanished from this service. Peacock says this is a glitch that they are working on fixing and hope to have it fixed soon.
Update: NBC and Peacock have fixed the issue.
The exact cause of this issue is unknown, but NBC and Peacock seem to be working hard to fix it.
This news comes as Peacock is now free to all Instacart+ members. Instacart+ is available for a flat standard fee of $99/year or $9.99/month, and members enjoy unlimited free delivery on orders over $35 in as fast an hour, lower service fees, 5% credit back on eligible pickup orders, and the ability to create shared family accounts. Peacock Premium on its own is $5.99. For anyone who likes to get their groceries delivered, Instacart+ is a great way to also get free movies and TV shows along with live sports and live news.
Here is how Instacart+ members can activate their free Peacock Premium:
- Log in to your Instacart account in the app.
- Select the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- If you don’t see the 3 horizontal lines in the app, tap Account at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Your Instacart+ Membership.
- Under Unlock special offers, select Activate under the Peacock offer.
- Select Activate Peacock now.
- You’ll then redirect to Peacock’s website where you can sign in or create an account to activate your benefit.
You don’t need to use the same email address associated with your Instacart account when signing up for Peacock.
This offer helps Instacart+ stand out as Walmart+ offers Paramount+ free as Walmart and Instacart+ fight for your subscription.
Correction earlier version of this story said that Paramount+ was only free for one month.