Launching in March 2021, Paramount+ is still less than a year old but has seen significant growth over the past nine months. The streaming platform has released their top, or “Peak” content from 2021, and there are plenty of titles that made the list you’re sure to recognize.
From Originals like Mayor of Kingstown and Star Trek: Discovery to Live sports and Adele One Night Only concert special, Paramount+ had some great content this year.
- PEAK ORIGINAL: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, the critically acclaimed series that returned this year for its fourth season, was the #1 most-watched original. The new hit series iCARLY, which follows Carly Shay, the original influencer, and her friends navigating work, love and family now as adults, was the second-most-watched original series.
- PEAK GENRE: Kids & Family was the #1 most-watched genre, with Reality and Crime coming in a close second and third, respectively.
- PEAK DEBUT: MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN, the new scripted series starring Jeremy Renner and Dianne Wiest, was the #1 most-watched original series in its first 30 days and is the most-watched series on the service this quarter.
- PEAK FEMALE-LED TITLE: A QUIET PLACE PART II, the horror sequel starring Emily Blunt, was the #1 most-watched female-led series or movie.
- PEAK BINGE:SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, an internationally beloved franchise with a deep catalog that appeals to both kids and adults, was the #1 most-binged series.
- PEAK DRAMA: SEAL TEAM, the fan-favorite military drama starring David Boreanaz, was the #1 most-watched drama, followed by the critically acclaimed and increasingly popular original series EVIL.
- PEAK DRIVERS FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Live sports such as THE NFL ON CBS were top acquisition drivers. Other top performing sports properties included UEFA and Concacaf.
- PEAK MOVIE: INFINITE, starring Mark Wahlberg, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Jason Mantzoukas, was the #1 most-watched movie. The exclusive film also earned the spot for most-watched trailer and most-streamed thriller. A QUIET PLACE: PART II came in a close second for most-watched movie.
- PEAK REWATCH: PAW PATROL: THE MOVIE, the kids and family film that premiered the same day it hit theaters, was the most-rewatched movie.
- PEAK SPECIALS:ADELE ONE NIGHT ONLY, a special featuring a highly awaited performance by Adele and a candid interview in Oprah Winfrey’s rose garden, was the #1 most-watched special.
- PEAK COMEDY: SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, the first of 14 specials coming to the service exclusively from legendary creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, was one of the #1 most-watched comedies together with returning original WHY WOMEN KILL.
- PEAK SOCIAL REALITY SERIES:RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE ALL STARS, the reality competition series starring the world’s fiercest queens, was the #1 most-social reality series.
- PEAK DOWNLOAD: iCARLY’s “iStart Over,” the first episode in the reimagined iCARLY series starring Miranda Cosgrove, was the most-downloaded episode to watch on-the-go
Paramount+ subscriptions start at just $4.99/month, but you can try FREE for 30 days. Offer ends 1/3.