Paramount+ announced that it will be investing in a slate of original content to launch around the world over the next few years. The news comes as Paramount+ plans its expansion to the UK and Ireland on June 22, Italy in September, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and France in December.
The new content will join the current lineup of originals on Paramount+ including Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Star Trek: Picard, Mayor of Kingstown, Halo, Why Women Kill, and more.
“Paramount’s story began with the longest running studio in Hollywood, and today we span the globe with our worldwide production studios that create hits for audiences around the world, which now live all in one place: Paramount+. As the service continues to expand internationally, there’s a great opportunity for content to travel globally, opening up a world of opportunities for talent and creators as we plan to commission 150 international originals by 2025, while delivering incredible value to subscribers on Paramount+,” said Marco Nobili, Executive Vice President and International General Manager of Paramount+.
Paramount has already announced some originals from around the world, including: Sexy Beast (UK), A Gentleman in Moscow (UK), The Chemistry of Death (Germany), Los Enviados (The Envoys) (Mexico), Cecilia (Mexico), Bosé (Spain), Fallaci (Italy), At Midnight (Mexico), The Signal (France), Impact (France), and more.
With this announcement, the streamer shared more upcoming titles, including:
- Murder of God’s Banker (International): a docuseries about the murder of Italian fugitive banker Roberto Calvi, whose body is found hanging off a London bridge.
- Marie Antoinette Serial Killer (France): an 8-hour young adult fantasy horror thriller based on the novel “Marie Antoinette Serial Killer” by author Katie Alender.
- A Thin Line (Germany): a thriller about “hacktivist” twin sisters on a “quest to expose environmental wrongdoing by any means necessary.”
- The Sheikh (Der Scheich) (Germany): tells the story of a one-of-a-kind con artist, in a story based on real events.
- CIRCEO (Italy): CIRCEO tells the story of the aftermath of the crime that came to be known as “The Circeo Massacre”, which upset Italy in the 1970s.
- Sinaloa’s First Lady (Mexico): a series about El Chapo’s infamous Beauty Queen Bride, Emma Coronel.
- One Must Die (Mexico): A suspense thriller aboout seven people who are kidnapped and suddenly find themselves part of a deadly game.
- The Chemistry of Death (Simon Becketts Die Chemie des Todes) (Germany): thrilling psychological crime series based on Simon Beckett’s bestselling novels