Today, Paramount+ launched its new low cost ad-supported tier for $4.99/month. Along with the new plan, the streamer announced that it will be expanding its content lineup this summer with over 2,500 premium titles added over the next few months, starting with 1,000 new titles coming to paramount+ this week.
“The breadth and depth of premium feature films and exclusive series coming to the service further strengthens our position in the market as a premium entertainment destination and, by offering this compelling content portfolio at an all-new low cost, makes us even more accessible to a wide consumer audience,” said Tom Ryan, President and Chief Executive Officer, ViacomCBS Streaming.
The service will exclusively debut “Infinite,” a sci-fi action film starring Mark Wahlberg and Chiwetel Ejiofor and directed by Antoine Fuqua, on June 10; premiere “PAW Patrol: The Movie” on August 20, the same day it hits theaters; and become the streaming home for “A Quiet Place Part II” following its run in theaters.
Here are some more of the highlights of the new content coming to Paramount+
- Action and adventure films, including “Terminator: Dark Fate,” “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” “Red Dawn,” “Skyfall,” “The Avengers,” “Gemini Man” and “The Rhythm Section”;
- Critically acclaimed titles, including “Rocketman,” “Judy,” “Florence Foster Jenkins,” “The Wolf of Wall Street,” “Revolutionary Road,” “71,” “The Soloist,” “The Birdcage,” “The Full Monty” and “Little Women”;
- Kids and family favorites, including “Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Sonic the Hedgehog,” “The Addams Family,” “Wonder Park,” “The Adventures of Tintin” and “Charlotte’s Web”;
- Horror titles, including “Body Cam,” “Saint Maud,” “Crawl,” “Child’s Play,” “Gretel & Hansel,” “Pet Sematary,” “The Prodigy,” “The Haunting,” “Paranormal Activity 3 & 4” and “Arachnophobia”;
- Comedies, including “Like a Boss,” “The Hustle,” “Valley Girl,” “What Men Want,” “Fighting with My Family,” “The Little Hours,” “The Dictator,” “I Love You, Man,” “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa,” “Tropic Thunder,” “No Strings Attached,” “Hello, My Name Is Doris” and “The School of Rock.”
Starting today, you can sign up for the Essential Plan, a new ad-supported tier of Paramount+ for $4.99/month. The new plan offers some sports, including NFL games and more than 1,600 soccer matches each year, with on-demand entertainment options spanning the full suite of current and upcoming shows and movies, as well as breaking news through CBSN (but will no longer include local live CBS station programming).
Subscribers who had the previous ad-supported plan for $5.99/month can keep their subscription but it will no longer be available to new users. Paramount+ also offers a Premium Plan at $9.99 per month for commercial-free on demand content, mobile downloads, more sports, and live streams of local affiliates in over 200 markets.
Paramount+ is available online at ParamountPlus.com; on mobile devices via the Paramount+ app for iOS and Android; and on Android TV, Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV, Apple TV channels, Chromecast, Facebook Portal, Fire TV, LG Smart TVs, PlayStation 4, Roku Players, Samsung Smart TVs, Vizio Smartcast TVs and Xbox One.