Today the music streaming service Pandora announced that their new mobile app is now live. This new app will give Pandora listeners access to a vast library of on-demand music and podcasts along with personalized recommendations.
The new mobile experience includes:
- “For You,” a personalized, dynamically-updated discovery feed that serves up fresh, custom-curated music and podcast recommendations for each user throughout the day.
- The “Pandora Modes” station customization feature, letting users lean-in on their “lean-back” Pandora listening experience.
- A simplified navigation interface for greater ease of use.
Examples of new content include:
- Playback 2019 – a personalized year in review of music curated for every Pandora listener.
- Pandora’s Top Thumb Hundred 2019 playlist featuring the most thumbed up songs of the year, as well as a ten-year retrospective with the Top Thumb Hundred Songs of 2010-2019.
- New and upcoming content from Marvel, Drake, and many more to come.
To promote this new app, Pandora is roll out a new campaign to promote its new features. This push will include special events, concerts, and partnerships with top-tier artists.
“This campaign captures the excitement we see when our users open the new Pandora app and discover that the listening experience they’ve always loved is now even bigger, better, and more in tune with the things they love and the way they live,” said Denise Karkos, Chief Marketing Officer at SiriusXM & Pandora.
“This campaign is all about showing our listeners that Pandora is still the service they know and love, but it looks and feels a whole lot different — a whole lot better. The product is at the center, and we are highlighting the personalized, on-demand content Pandora users want, but may not know we have,” said Brad Minor, VP of Brand Marketing, Creative & Communications at Pandora. “We’re celebrating our listeners in their everyday lives and demonstrating how Pandora has the unique ability to transform each moment by adding the exact right soundtrack at the exact right time.”
What do you think of Pandora’s new app? Leave us a comment and let us know.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!