Only 30% of Cable One’s Customers Pay for Cable TV





Channel Surfing Man

Channel Surfing ManIn what may be a glimpse of the future of cable TV, Cable One’s CEO announced last week that only 30% of their customers pay for TV. The other 70% of Cable One’s customers only pay for broadband Internet. That means of the 800,000 customers Cable One has only 240,000 pay for TV.

“We don’t see bundling as the savior for churn,” Cable One CEO Julie Laulis said. “I know that we don’t put time and resources into pretty much anything having to do with video because of what it nets us and our shareholders in the long run. We pivoted to a data-centric model over five, six years ago, and we’ve seen nothing to derail us from that path.”

Cable One is not alone in having more Internet than TV customers. Since 2015 Comcast has had more Internet customers than TV customers. It is reported that Comcast now has about 3 million more Internet customers than cable TV customers.

Many cable companies are still pushing hard to keep TV a focus of their service. Yet with smaller and midsize cable companies starting to walk away from TV it seems the writing is on the wall for the future of TV from cable companies.

Source: CNBC

Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from :

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.