Ditching cable TV can save cord cutters a $1,000 a year! So now what how can we save even more money as a cord cutter?
The average landline currently costs $20 plus taxes every month. That is an extra $240 a year you are paying just for a phone line. You could ditch it and just use a cell phone but what if you really want a home phone? (Want to save money on your cellphone service? Check out our guide to saving money on your cellphone service.)
Well we have good news you can ditch the $20 a month bill and still keep your landline and even your phone number.
The Ooma Telo is a home phone service that will plug into your home internet and allow you to keep your home phone number.
Ooma Tello offers many great services:
- PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability
- Integration with Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa
- Caller-ID, call-waiting, call return, 911 and 911 text alerts
- Online portal with call log, preferences and contacts
- One-touch voicemail audio playback
- Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
- Fax mode
- Live customer support
- Choose any available area code
- Ooma Mobile HD app for free outbound calling
- Everyday low rates on international calling
- Unlimited calling to over 60 countries with the Ooma World Plan
- Free Ooma-to-Ooma calling worldwide
So not only is it free for domestic calling the Ooma Tello offers many features that that most phone companies do not. All of this backed up by a backed by 30-day money-back guarantee and extendable 1-year warranty with 24/7 customer support.
So how can you get started? You can buy a Ooma Tello box on Amazon here:
From there just follow the setup instructions in the box and you are ready to start saving even more!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.