Disney+ is celebrating its second birthday by dubbing Friday, November 12, “Disney+ Day.” The streamer will be celebrating across all platforms with new content rollout, a special sneak peek presentation on Disney+ of upcoming releases, and more. Disney+ will also be expanding to more Asia-Pacific markets on that day.
In addition, Disney+ subscribers will have access to special promotions and experiences across the company, and shopDisney.com will have special offers on merchandise and more. The Disney Parks Resorts and Cruise Line around the world will also join in the celebration with special surprises for their guests November 12.
Disney+ Day Content Premieres from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”
- The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film “Jungle Cruise,” available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie “Home Sweet Home Alone,” a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents,” which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film “Luca”
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- “Dopesick,” an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Disney+ will launch in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12, and in Hong Kong on November 16.