Details of the new DirecTV Now service have been thin, but now it looks like we finally get some new details.
Variety has reported they received new leaked documents. The leaked documents come from a customer-support training manual to help train call center employees.
Here is what we learned:
- Subscribers who are willing to commit to at least three months of paid service will be able to get a free Apple TV as part of a device promotion, similar to the Sling TV device deal.
- Some of the channels include Audience Network, Food Network, MTV, TBS, AXS TV, Fox, MTV 2, TCM, BET, FYI, MundoFox, TNT, Bravo, Galavision, NBC, Travel Channel, Cartoon Network, Golf, NBC Sports Network, TruTV, CBS, Hallmark, Nickelodeon, TV Land.
- Many, but not all networks will support a 72-hour catch-up window, allowing you to re-watch shows, similar to how Sling handles their on-demand content.
- Will have access to WatchESPN
- Over 14,000 VOD tittles. (No mention if these are free or paid titles.)
- DirecTV Now will give consumers a 7-day free trial
Some other less exciting details:
Some channels will only be available to stream on PC or mobile devices such as NBC Local channels. “NBC local channels are currently unavailable using streaming devices or smart TVs,” the leaked documents explain, meaning there may be no streaming on devices like the Fire TV or Apple TV.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.