Tomorrow Thursday, January 16th, 2020 at 4 PM Eastern NBCU will officially introduce NBC’s Peacock streaming service at an investor meeting.
Details so far have been very thin about NBCU’s new streaming service hopefully we will get all the information we want like pricing and device support tomorrow. We’ve heard about some of the NBC content and original programming being planned for the service, but we might also learn more about the content strategy for Peacock during the meeting. With plans for a heavily ad-supported service, the investor meeting will also likely go over how Comcast plans to make this streaming service profitable.
According to CNBC Comcast reportedly plans to charge $10 a month for an ad-free version of Peacock and $5 a month for an ad-supported version. For now though, that is just a rumor.
Want to see what happens at the investor meeting? Comcast will be doing a live webcast of the meeting on its website. You can also watch a replay after the live webcast ends. We’ll be covering the meeting as well, if you’re only interested in the highlights.
Here is the content NBCU has already announced for Peacock:
- Dr. Death – based on the popular true crime podcast, starring Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater
- Battlestar Galactica – a reboot of the critically acclaimed series
- Brave New World – based on the dystopian novel by Aldous Huxley and starring Alden Ehrenreich and Demi Moore
- Angelyne – a limited series from Emmy Rossum
- One of Us Is Lying – based on the New York Times best-selling young adult mystery-thriller
- Rutherford Falls – created by Mike Schur, Ed Helms, and Sierra Teller Ornelas, and starring Ed Helms
- Straight Talk – from Rashida Jones and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Saved by the Bell – reboot of a 90s favorite, featuring original cast members including Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez
- Punky Brewster – another reboot, starring Soleil Moon Frye as a grown-up version of her former character
- A.P Bio – a new season of the series, starring Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt
- Psych – the second movie spinoff from the long-running series
- Who Wrote That – a Saturday Night Live docuseries
- An original talk show series with Jimmy Fallon
- A weekly late night show starring Amber Ruffin
- A spinoff of The Real Housewives from Bravo
The content library will feature some of the most popular NBC and classic TV series of all time, including:
- The Office
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- Bates Motel
- Battlestar Galactica
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chrisley Knows Best
- Covert Affairs
- Downton Abbey
- Everyone Loves Raymond
- Friday Night Lights
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- King of Queens
- Married…With Children
- Royal Pains
- Saturday Night Live
- The Real Housewives
- Top Chef
- Will & Grace
Universal Pictures will be developing original films for the streaming service. DreamWorks Animation will also be developing original animated content, making the platform great for the whole family. Peacock will also offer a robust slate of critically-acclaimed films and box-office hits from Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Peacock is uniquely positioned to offer the U.S. Hispanic audience premium programming from the #1 Spanish-language network, Telemundo. The platform will feature more than 3,000 hours of Telemundo’s content, including an original dramedy Armas de Mujer, a new hit series from the makers of La Reina del Sur, and popular library titles 100 Dias Para Volver, Betty in NY, El Barón and Preso No. 1.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.