NBC News is getting in on the Quibi action with four new short-form shows set to launch in April 2020. These four shows will offer different styles of the news tailored for all tastes.
Here’s a look at each of the news shows titles and their content:
- Morning Report: This fast-paced show gets viewers up to speed with the most important headlines from around the world and gives the context to go deeper on the stories that matter most.
- Evening Report: A new kind of evening broadcast built on the vast resources of NBC News, featuring in-depth pieces and explainers on what matters and why — all before cocktail hour.
- Saturday Report: Each Saturday, NBC News takes viewers up close to meet key characters driving a story that shapes our world.
- Sunday Report: The pace of news can be overwhelming — Sunday Report slows it down: taking a detailed look at a single critical issue each week.
“This is going to have the DNA of NBC, the flavor of NBC News,” said NBC News Senior Executive Producer Madeleine Haeringer. She said that productions involve people who “come from the network as well as people who come from the outside, from digital, and we want to combine, make sure we have a mix of both.”
There will also be some new faces joining NBC News for this line up of shows on Quibi. Get to know the NBC News team coming to a Quibi screen near you:
- Paul Gerke, Anchor: Paul Gerke is a seasoned broadcaster who has worked in Arizona, Florida, Idaho, and his native Michigan. He’s an award-winning anchor and sports reporter with a passion for news that speaks in human terms.
- Michelle Fisher, Anchor: Michelle Fisher joins NBC News from WBZ in Boston, Massachusetts. She brings a wealth of experience as an anchor, breaking news reporter, and entertainment journalist.
- Valerie Castro, Anchor: Valerie Castro is a do-it-all journalist with years of experience in New York, Denver, and the American Southwest. Valerie has covered everything from terrorist attacks and natural disasters to the human-interest stories that bring our communities to life.
- Antonia Hylton, Correspondent: Antonia Hylton is a breakthrough television and audio journalist focusing on social justice, politics, and civil rights. As a correspondent at VICE News Tonight on HBO, Antonia won an Emmy for her coverage of the Trump administration’s immigration policy.
- Dan Lieberman, Correspondent: Dan Lieberman is a documentary journalist focusing on how policy and politics affect life in America. Most recently at NowThis News, he’s spent time at CNN, Fusion, ABC News, and The New York Times.
Quibi is set to launch on April 6, 2020 and is now available for preorder. Quibi will offer quick videos, 10 minutes or less, that viewers can stream any time they have a few extra minutes in the day. Content will include drama, comedy, documentaries, news, and sports. Subscriptions will cost $4.99/month with ads and $7.99/month for an ad-free experience. A Quibi subscription will get you fresh new content each week, including original movies in chapters, told 10 minutes at a time, unscripted shows, and “daily essentials” to you informed on news, sports, finance, and culture.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.