Back at CES 2017 Mohu announced a new antenna called AirWave. This new AirWave antenna takes your local over-the-air (OTA) TV and streams it to your set-top streaming devices. This integrates live, local broadcast TV with free streaming channels across popular streaming devices.
At first it was reported that the AirWave antenna would hit Best Buy stores in Spring 2017, but now it has been moved to Labor Day Weekend 2017 according to the Mohu website only to be pushed back again.
Now both BestBuy and Mohu have confirmed that on October 8th 2017 the Mohu AirWave will hit BestBuy stores around the United states.
AirWave is compatible with the most popular video streaming devices on the market including the following:
- Amazon Fire TV and Stick
- Apple TV (current generation)
- Roku’s entire lineup from Express to Ultra
AirWave wirelessly connects to the Mohu TV application (available for free across all compatible devices), which allows users to channel up and down through live broadcast content and free streaming content in a familiar, cable-like TV guide. Other enhanced features of AirWave include the following:
- First Device to Combine OTA and OTT content: The device combines live, local channels with streaming video in a cable-like program guide, complete with program descriptions, ability to select favorite channels, and view up to 14 days of upcoming content.
- First Wireless Antenna: No coax needed. Users can set up AirWave anywhere in a home where there is an Internet connection, giving users the freedom to set up the device where they choose.
- Free TV Everywhere: Watch TV across your favorite connected devices including Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, iOS, Android, and the web.
- ClearPixTM Technology: Proprietary, first-of-its-kind dynamic pixelation reduction technology automatically adjusts to improve image reception of over-the-air broadcasts.
“We are at the crest of the cord cutting revolution,” said Buff. “Pay TV is broken. AirWave is our attempt to reinvent the TV viewing experience by offering consumers flexibility, convenience, and choice. With Free TV Everywhere, you can watch what you want, how you want, and with no monthly fees.”
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.