For many cord cutters an antenna is all you need to enjoy ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC; however, for millions of Americans some or all of their local channels are unavailable over the air where they live.
That is where ViewLocal comes in, promising to bring local channels to cord cutters who struggle to get over-the-air TV to your Roku and other devices.
Here is what they promise on their site:
- Faster Connection.By using a broadband connection, ViewLocal allows customers to view all their local channels without the inconvenience of spotty over-the-air signals or expensive premium programming packages.
- Multiple Screens.Because ViewLocal is profile-based, each family member can watch the program they want on separate TVs, computers, or mobile devices at the same time.
- Multiple Devices.ViewLocal gives customers the advantage of watching their local content on whichever device they prefer, whether it’s a computer, iOS device, an Android device, or a TV via a Roku.
- Full Channel Guide.With ViewLocal’s complete channel guide, your customers can easily see what’s on, helping them to find the programs they want to watch and increasing their usage and satisfaction.
- Parental Controls.ViewLocal is designed to be family-friendly, allowing customers to set up multiple profiles with specific permissions to make sure their children are viewing only appropriate content.
- Easy-To-Use Interface.Your customers will be up-and-running quickly with ViewLocal’s simple on-screen interface and channel information.
How to get ViewLocal:
If you want access to ViewLocal you need to contact your internet service provider. ViewLocal does not sell accounts, but works with internet service providers to offer the service.
Currently, ViewLocal has deals with ISPs in NC, KY, TN, KS, WA, OR, ID, NE, and CO. You can find the full list and tell them you want your ISP added to the list on the ViewLocal website.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.