The live TV streamed online market is getting more crowded by the day with six new services planning to release in late 2016 and early 2017 and now C Spire joining the rush.
C Spire is a regional ISP based in Mississippi offering a range of products including a traditional live TV and Internet service in 10 Mississippi cities.
Now C Spire plans to launch a Sling TV-like service that they hope will help them stand out.
Although they have not released all the details about the new soon-to-be-released service, we know the following:
Skinny Channel Packages
They say you will be able to subscribe to innovative Skinny Packs. Skinny Pack customers will subscribe to a base package of core channels including locals and many of your cable TV favorites. Additional Skinny Packs will be available in packages of 5-10 channels organized into genres such as movies, lifestyle, music & trends, documentary, news, etc.
They say more details on packages and price will come closer to the release date.
- Live TV Pause, rewind, fast forward to your hearts content, just like you can do today with your traditional set top box.
- Locals Well be carrying each and every local channel available to you today on C Spire TV
- Cloud DVR Record multiple shows at once and store them in the cloud for viewing at your convenience.
- Video on Demand Watch tons of free TV episodes and rent the latest Hollywood hits often weeks before theyre available on Netflix or Redbox!
- Catch Up TV Miss a favorite show or forgot to set your DVR? Catch Up TV will enable you to watch up to seven previous days of a channels programming on those networks that permit this feature.
- TV Everywhere Access Your subscription will entitle you to access network developed apps such as Watch ESPN, Fox News, CNN, HGTV, and HBO GO.
Their blogpost was made in August promising more details in the weeks to come. It has been a bit since the announcement but C Spire did reach out to Cord Cutters News via Twitter this week so we are assuming they are getting closer to a launch.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.