Sling TV has made sports a big part of their service. With the latest update, they created a special sports section to show all the sports content in one place. They even promised to build all of the ESPN 3 content in to their new sports section.
Now they want a sports expert to help make the sports experience on Sling TV even better.
From the Sling TV job posting:
As a Sports Content + Data Strategist you will be primarily responsible for monitoring sports programming, industry trends, and Sling viewership data to provide tactical recommendations to various marketing teams for sports content promotion and subscriber acquisition purposes, with a strong focus on process improvement.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining a shared calendar of key, televised sporting events
- Providing sports content recommendations to internal teams for promotion purposes
- Producing viewership reports to evaluate past performance with a focus on future opportunities
- Editing and/or contributing sports articles to the Sling TV blog (blog.sling.com)
- Evaluating sports content promotion opportunities with programming partners and internal teams
- Tracking game and channel viewership data to respond to internal inquiries
Clearly Sling TV sees sports as an important part of Sling TV. They recently added both the College Insider channel and the Pac-12 Network to their lineup. A few weeks before that they added the NFL Network and NFL RedZone. Hopefully this is just the start of things to come.
If this sounds like a job you would be interested in you can see the full listing and apply for it over at the My.Jobs site.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.