Earlier today, the free ad-supported streaming Local Now added four new channels to its free TV service. Local Now streams a large collection of free live and on-demand content. Originally launched as a 24/7 local news and weather app, over the years, Local Now has slowly added a huge catalog of movies and TV shows free with ads.
Recently, Local Now topped 500 free live TV channels, making it one of the largest free streaming services for cord cutters. According to Local Now, on average, a viewers will see 500 with a mix of local and national channels, including PBS live in about half of all markets. Local now also includes over 20,000 movies, TV Shows, and documentaries.
Here are the channels Local Now added today:
- USA Today
- USA Today Sports
- Smart Healthy Green Living
- The Explorers
“The USA TODAY brand and channels are an excellent addition to our free-streaming service Local Now,” said Byron Allen, Founder/Chairman/CEO of Local Now parent company, Allen Media Group. “Local Now and USA TODAY both have a very strong commitment to delivering the best in news, sports, and entertainment to our consumers.”
“Our partnership with Local Now delivers our essential news and sports coverage, and entertaining lifestyle series to audiences that are seeking out information from sources they know and trust,” said Caroline Harris, Vice President of Partnerships at Gannett. “We’re excited to be part of a line-up of high-quality channels on Local Now.”
Local Now will also be adding all local PBS stations later this year. No dates have been announced yet other than it should happen by the end of 2023. Already PBS is live in half of the country, and more will continue to go live throughout the year, so check to see if your local PBS is now free with Local Now.
Here are some of the other channels Local Now recently added:
- GBN Great Britain News
- Action Hollywood Movies
- Game TV GO
- NOW 70s
- NOW 80s
- NOW Rock
- World of Freesport
● Deal or No Deal US: Powered by Banijay – DEAL OR NO DEAL US is the ground-breaking hit game show where contestants play and deal for a top cash prize in a contest of nerves, luck, and raw intuition.
● Fear Factor: Powered by Banijay – In FEAR FACTOR, contestants overcome their fears in a series of challenges and the winner receives $50,000.
● The Biggest Loser: Powered by Banijay – THE BIGGEST LOSER welcomes 14 overweight contestants who will have to endure intense workouts.
● Wipeout Xtra: Powered by Banijay – The home of physical and exciting game shows, where you can witness unexpected challenges.
● Love Quest: Powered by Banijay – For a pure dose of romance and drama watch Love Quest – the channel for reality dating show enthusiasts. Relive the spiciest moments from iconic programs like FLAVOR OF LOVE and FOR THE LOVE OF RAY J.
● McLeod’s Daughters: Powered by Banijay – This channel is dedicated to the scripted drama series, MCLEOD’S DAUGHTERS, that brings action, humor, and emotion. The series follows two sisters who run a vast cattle station with an all-woman workforce in the Australian outback.