Today at CES HomeBase announced it will show off its upcoming HomeBase Hub, a home media server and private cloud, this week at CES. They promote their HomeBase Hub as a device designed to “consolidate your digital life, while making it easier than ever to access and share your content, from any device, at any time”.
“I designed the HomeBase Hub to be the ultimate device I had been searching for, but couldn’t find,” said Aaron Rowsell, CEO and Founder of Homebase. “With the HomeBase Hub you can securely store your movies, TV shows, photos, personal files and more, all while keeping your content private and safe at your own home. This product, along with a high-speed internet connection, is all you need to finally ditch the dish or cut the cord, without having to sacrifice the content you want, when and where you want it. I am so excited to finally introduce this product to the world.”
The HomeBase Hub features include:
- The latest generation Intel® Core™ i5 and Celeron processors
- A Solid State Hard drive and over 2TB of media storage space.
- Windows® 10 based operating system with HomeBase custom user interface (for quick launching and switching of all your favorite apps and services).
- Intel® Ready Mode Technology (always on server for access to your files at any time from any device)
- Intel Smart Home Advantage software which includes:
- Plex Home- Enables parental controls and fast user switching
- Camera Upload- Automatically syncs photos directly from your mobile devices
- Mobile Sync- Syncs your content to your Android, iOS and Windows devices to enjoy offline
- Tonido Private Cloud- for personally hosted cloud file storage and sharing as well as automatic backup of photos and videos from iOS and Android devices
“We are excited to be a part of the core technology powering the HomeBase Hub,” said Anand Srivatsa, General Manager, Desktop Platform Group at Intel Corporation. “We think this is an exciting segment of the market the HomeBase Hub is uniquely positioned to help accelerate.”
The HomeBase Hub is available for pre-order starting January 5th starting at $399 and will begin shipping in March of 2017.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.