Hulu recently rolled out a major update to their Hulu app on iOS and likely to come to Android, XBOX ONE, and the Apple TV. Now it seems they are slowly updating it to add new features and address feedback from subscribers.
Here is the official change log:
- Fixed a bug that enables full-screen thumbnail scrubbing
- Added metadata for sports to show the team name as well as the sport to help distinguish between multiple college team sports
- Image loading improvements
- Device rotation now maintains your position in cover stories
- Fixed an issue where the back button in browser wasn’t taking you to the right location
- Taste Picking is now 2 columns on iPad
- Added Subtitles & Captions link to the app settings menu
- Adjusted 10 sec rewind button function so you can now press it multiple times before having to reload
Several readers have told us that the new iOS and Apple TV app seems to be a huge improvement over the older version.
Hulu has from day one made it clear that this is a beta service still in testing. It is nice to see Hulu aggressively updating their apps to address the feedback from their subscribers.
The Hulu live TV beta is aviliable on Apple TV*, iOS, Android, Chromecast, and XBOX ONE right now and will be coming soon to Fire TV, Roku, PlayStation, laptops, and computers. (*Only available on 4th generation Apple TV.)
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.