Today Hulu quietly added a select number of Discovery channels to their live TV streaming services. This comes one day after Sling TV also added Discovery channels to their live TV services. Hulu has yet to announce the addition but several readers have pointed out the channels are now live.
Update: Hulu just sent Cord Cutters News a press release with the following information:
Hulu with Live TV Core Package:
- TLC Motortrend
- Animal Planet
- Destination America
- Discovery Family
- Discovery Life
- Discovery en Español
- Discovery Familia
Hulu’s on-demand version will also include thousands of Discovery library episodes from Discovery’s portfolio of networks, including Food Network, TLC, HGTV.
According to Hulu:
- Discovery’s most-watched home renovation show on Hulu is Fixer Upper, and the most-watched cooking series is Chopped.
- While viewers love cooking and home renovation shows, 90 Day Fiancé and Alaskan Bush People are among two of the most-watched unscripted series from Discovery’s portfolio on Hulu.
- Nearly one-third of viewers who watched Alaskan Bush People wound up binge-watching the entire series.
- Sundays see the highest level of engagement per subscriber, who are streaming multiple episodes of shows like 90 Day Fiancé, Property Brothers, House Hunters, Fixer Upper, Deadliest Catch, Naked and Afraid, Chopped and Cupcake Wars.
- Viewers kicked off 2018 with cravings for more Cupcake Wars. Hulu subscribers streamed over 50% more hours of Cupcake Wars on Hulu in January 2018 vs. December 2017.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!