The UFC is once again setting the stage on fire with UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2, unfolding at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi on October 21, 2023. This spectacle, produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship, not only marks the promotion’s 18th sojourn to Abu Dhabi but also promises an unforgettable night of thrill, drama, and unmatched MMA combat. The stage is set to revisit the intense rivalry between the reigning Lightweight champion Islam Makhachev and the Featherweight titan Alexander Volkanovski.
In a plot twist reminiscent of a cinematic thriller, Makhachev was originally set to defend his title against Charles Oliveira. However, an unforeseen injury forced Oliveira to step down, paving the way for Volkanovski to step into the octagon. The stakes are incredibly high: a win for Volkanovski would etch his name among the legends, making him the fourth man to simultaneously champion two divisions. While the main event has garnered much of the spotlight, the undercard bouts are not without their own drama and intrigue. In the middleweight division, anticipated fights had to be reimagined due to visa issues and injuries, reshuffling the deck and adding new layers of anticipation to the event. As the fighters prepare mentally and physically, the world watches with bated breath, eager to witness the next chapter in UFC history.
Find out how to watch UFC 294, below.
When to Watch
The prelims begin on Saturday, October 21, at 10 AM ET and the main card starting at 2:00 PM ET.
How to Watch
Subscribers to ESPN+ can watch all of Saturday’s fights inside the Octagon. Current subscribers can purchase Saturday’s fight for $79.99, and new subscribers can save 30% by purchasing UFC 294 and signing up for an ESPN+ Annual plan for $134.98.
The early prelims are available on UFC Fight Pass. ESPNEWS will also air the prelims and you can watch on ESPN+
Prelims – 10:00 AM ET
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Muhammad Naimov (Featherweight)
- Victoria Dudakova vs. Jinh Yu Frey (Women’s Strawweight)
- Sharabutdin Magomedov vs. Bruno Silva (Middleweight)
- Tim Elliott vs. Muhammad Mokaev (Flyweight)
- Mohammad Yahya vs. Trevor Peek (Lightweight)
- Javid Basharat vs. Victor Henry (Bantamweight)
- Abu Azaitar vs. Sedriques Dumas (Middleweight)
- Mike Breeden vs. Anshul Jubli (Lightweight)
Main Card – 2:00 PM ET
- Islam Makhachev (c) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (Lightweight) [For the UFC Lightweight Championship.]
- Kamaru Usman vs. Khamzat Chimaev (Middleweight) [UFC Middleweight title eliminator.]
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Johnny Walker (Light Heavyweight)
- Ikram Aliskerov vs. Warlley Alves (Middleweight)
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Muin Gafurov (Bantamweight)