To cap off International Fight Week, UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega will be a loaded card and the promotion’s first fight of the fall. Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski will defend his title in the headline bout against No. 2 contender Brian Ortega. The UFC Women’s Flyweight Championship is scheduled to co-headline as current champion Valentina Shevchenko defends against the former Invicta FC Bantamweight Champion and No. 3 contender Lauren Murphy.
There are 11 more fights scheduled for the event, including the long-awaited return of Nick Diaz. Diaz left the sport because he doesn’t enjoy fighting and he has not stepped foot inside of the Octagon since 2015. In a middleweight bout, he will be facing No. 15-ranked Robbie Lawlor, who Diaz defeated by knockout in 2004. Even after 6 years away from the Octagon, Diaz is confident in his skills but he’s stated that his return fight should be against Welterweight champion Kamaru Usman instead of a rematch with Lawler. To their credit, the UFC is treating Diaz’s return as a big deal as this will be the second time a non-main event and non-title bout has been scheduled for five rounds.
Saturday’s fights will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The venue has the capacity to hold over 20,000 people to watch all of the action inside of the Octagon. Cord cutters who will not be in attendance can find out how to watch UFC 266 below.
When to Watch
Early prelims start Saturday, September 25, at 6 p.m. ET with the main card beginning at 10 p.m. ET.
Where to Watch
You can watch all of the prelims on ESPNews and ESPN+. UFC Fight Pass subscribers can also watch the early prelims.
The main card is a pay-per-view event that existing ESPN+ subscribers can purchase for $69.99, and new subscribers can save 30% by purchasing UFC 266 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98. Click here to sign up.
What’s the Schedule?
Early Prelims — Beginning at 6 p.m. ET
- Uroš Medić (7-0) vs. Jalin Turner (9-5) [Lightweight]
- Cody Brundage(6-1) vs. Nick Maximov (1-0) [Middleweight]
- Matthew Semelsberger (8-3) vs. Martin Sano Jr. (4-2; 1NC) [Welterweight]
- Jonathan Pearce (10-4) vs. Omar Morales (11-1) [Featherweight]
Prelims — Beginning at 8 p.m. ET
- #6 Marlon Moraes (23-7-1) vs. #11 Merab Dvalishvili (13-4) [Bantamweight bout]
- #8 Dan Hooker (20-10) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (13-3) [Lightweight bout]
- #7 Shamil Abdurakhimov (20-5) vs. #10 Chris Daukaus (11-3) [Heavyweight bout]
- #9 Roxanne Modafferi (25-19) vs. #12 Taila Santos (17-1) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
Main Card— Beginning at 10 p.m. ET
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) (22-1) vs. #2 Brian Ortega (15-1; 1NC) [Featherweight title bout]
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) (21-3) vs. #3 Lauren Murphy (15-4) [Women’s Flyweight title bout]
- Nick Diaz (26-10; 1NC) vs. #15 Robbie Lawler (28-14; 1NC) [Middleweight bout]
- #4 Curtis Blaydes (14-3; 1NC) vs. #6 Jairzinho Rozenstruik (12-2) [Heavyweight bout]
- #1 Jéssica Andrade (21-9) vs. #5 Cynthia Calvillo (9-1-1) [Women’s Flyweight bout]
Catch all of the combat action live from the Octagon and save 30% by purchasing UFC 266 and signing up to the ESPN+ Annual Plan for $89.98.