Every year it seems like it’s harder and harder to get our hands on Peanuts specials including It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. So here’s a handy guide to help you know when and where to find them on digital and DVD this year, so you don’t miss out on Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the gang this holiday season.
Earlier this month, Apple TV+ announced a licensing deal that makes the streamer home to all new and classic Peanuts content, so watching them air on TV is out this year. They’re also unavailable to rent on Amazon Prime Video and other digital platforms. The good news is you can watch the specials with your Apple TV+ subscription, and non-subscribers can stream for free on designated days.
Here’s the Peanut’s Holiday Special schedule on Apple TV+
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown available free from October 30 — November 1
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving available free from November 25 — 27, and beginning Nov. 18 for Apple TV+ subscribers
- A Charlie Brown Christmas available free from December 11 — 13 and beginning December 4 for Apple TV+ subscribers
Here’s where to get physical copies of the specials:
- Get It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on DVD at Target in-store for $12 (use the store finder to find out where it’s in stock)
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on DVD at Amazon for $14 or on Blu Ray at Target in-store for $19.99
- A Charlie Brown Christmas on DVD at Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, and available for preorder on Blu Ray at Walmart, Target, and Amazon.