Any football fanatic knows that NFL Game Pass is essential for catching all the hype from around the league. What you receive is on-demand access to games from the AFC and NFC as well as exclusive features that let you pause, replay, and fast-forward as you please. For the price of $99 for the entire season, that’s an impressive deal. And on top of all the game coverage, you’ll also have access to commentary shows. For example, you can watch as legends of the league review tape in NFL Game Pass Film Session, or gain the inside scoop with NFL Fantasy Live.
Are you third and inches and unsure whether to punt or go for it? Your best bet is to look further into NFL Game Pass and what it has to offer. We recommend our review of its service in its entirety. That way, you’ll know exactly what to expect. We also encourage you to learn more about deals and trials for NFL Game Pass with some advice on how to win big on a budget.
If you don’t own a smart TV then the best way to stream NFL Game Pass on the big screen is with a streaming device. There are three brands of media players that rank higher than any other — Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. With any of these devices, you’ll gain complete access to the NFL and coverage that’s updated regularly. Here’s how to watch NFL Game Pass on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire Stick.
NFL Game Pass on Roku
There is no NFL Game Pass channel in Roku’s Channel Store. Instead, you’ll need to purchase NFL Game Pass from its website and pair the two accounts. We recommend that you first set up your NFL Game Pass subscription before proceeding with Roku.
- To get started, pull up the Roku Channel Store.
- Browse the Sports or News & Notable categories or simply type in “NFL” in the search bar. Keep in mind that the channel is simply labeled NFL and not NFL Game Pass.
- Click + Add channel.
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Roku account.
- Once you set up your NFL Game Pass Roku subscription, you’ll need to verify your account. Roku’s Guide advises that you visit www.nfl.com/activate/roku. From there, you’ll be prompted to provide the code displayed in the Roku Channel Store. Once you log in, you’re all set!
Your NFL Game Pass subscription appears alongside other apps on Roku’s interface. The apps themselves are oriented in a grid that you can browse through with your remote. Or, if you have one of Roku’s devices that comes with a remote with voice controls (like the Streaming Stick+ or Ultra), then you can open NFL Game Pass by simply stating so.
Roku manufactures a large number of streaming devices, all of which NFL Game Pass is compatible with. These include the Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Streaming Stick+, and Roku Ultra. But there are also other devices that support the app, like Roku’s Smart Soundbar. To get the best of what Roku has to offer, we recommend Roku Ultra. It costs $99.99, but you’re guaranteed extra storage and 4K capabilities.
NFL Game Pass on Apple TV
NFL Game Pass is available through Apple’s App Store. After you download the NFL app from the App Store, you can link your NFL Game Pass account. Please note, if you’re using Apple TV, then you’ll need at least the 4th generation of the device and 4K.
- Start by purchasing your NFL Game Pass Apple TV subscription from iTunes or on the web via NFL.com/gamepass.
- Next, open the App Store and navigate to the NFL app.
If you purchased on iTunes, follow these steps:
- Go to your Settings and click on Purchase/Restore Game Pass.
- Then, tap Purchased through iTunes? Restore.
- From here, you’ll be prompted to provide your Apple ID.
If you purchased NFL Game Pass over the web instead of on iTunes, the process is simpler. Just access your Settings and click Sign in. You’ll receive an exclusive code for your account. Follow a series of simple steps and prompts until complete.
Apple TV’s interface is picturesque and easy on the eyes. If you’re used to Apple products, this might not seem like a surprise. Since the app is available across all of your Apple devices, you can switch screens — say, from your phone to your TV — without a hitch. This is especially useful when watching the game. You’ll never miss a moment again.
NFL Game Pass is supported by Apple and iOS devices such as the iPad, iPhone, and Mac. But if you have an Apple TV that precedes Version 4, then a useful workaround is Apple AirPlay, which mirrors the app from your mobile device to your TV screen. You can’t go wrong with Apple TV 4K. The 32GB storage version costs $179 or $29.83/mo. for six months, whereas the 64GB version is priced at $199 or $33.16/mo. for six months.
NFL Game Pass on Firestick
Like Roku and Apple TV, you’ll need to purchase NFL Game Pass from its official website and match it with the NFL app. Here’s how to download the NFL app.
- From the main menu of your Amazon Fire TV, find and click Apps.
- Scroll over to Categories and choose Sports.
- Click on the NFL app. A page will populate, and select Get in order to download.
- Open the app and select Activate NFL Game Pass.
- If you haven’t already, you’ll be prompted to sign up for NFL Game Pass Fire Stick. Once you have done so, sign in with your new credentials.
The NFL app appears next to your other apps and subscriptions in the grid located on your Home page. All you need to do is click on the app to access Game Pass.
NFL Game Pass is supported by a number of Amazon’s Fire TV devices. These include Amazon Fire TV (2015), Fire TV (Gen 3), Amazon Fire TV Edition, Fire TV (2014), Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote. However, you won’t be able to tune into games with Amazon Kindle or any of the Fire tablets. The Fire TV Cube is an excellent option, especially if you enjoy using the Alexa app. Currently, the Fire TV Cube is available on Amazon for $119.99.
The final cut
You don’t need traditional TV in order to enjoy all the NFL has to offer. The process of starting your NFL Game Pass subscription is a bit trickier than just downloading the app. But by following the steps above, you’ll be able to start streaming games in no time. The best way to find out if NFL Game Pass is right for you is to give it a try. And, luckily, you can do so for up to seven days free when you subscribe today.