Cord-cutters can live stream more than 90 channels and enjoy on-demand movies and TV shows on the Hulu + Live TV service. The live streaming service, also referred to as Hulu + Live TV can be watched on users’ TV sets through streaming media devices like Amazon Fire Stick.
Hulu + Live TV enables users to watch a range of popular channels around the clock, from entertainment and lifestyle channels through to news and sports networks. It also offers users the option to watch content from the Hulu on-demand library of movies and TV shows and add popular premium channels like Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and STARZ. The Hulu + Live TV service starts at $64.99/mo., which includes commercials on all content, or users can remove commercials from Hulu on-demand content for $70.99/mo.
Amazon Fire TV is a range of streaming devices that enables cord-cutters to watch services like Hulu + Live TV on their TV. A popular device in that family is the Amazon Fire TV Stick, which plugs directly into a TV’s HDMI port and enables users to download apps for their favorite streaming services. The Fire TV Stick features a powerful algorithm that helps to offer users a personalized viewing experience, and newer models include Alexa voice commands. It supports content in up to high-definition, but cord-cutters looking for enhanced video quality can get the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. The Fire TV Stick device is available from $39.99.
This article will explore how to watch Hulu on Amazon Fire and how the Hulu Live Amazon Fire TV Stick setup process works.
How to get Hulu + Live TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick
To watch Hulu + Live TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick, users need to have signed up for an account through Hulu. They also need to have purchased an Amazon Fire TV Stick and updated it with the latest software and operating system. The Amazon Fire TV Stick needs to be plugged into the TV’s HDMI port and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- The first step to setting up Hulu + Live TV on an Amazon Fire TV Stick is to sign up for Hulu + Live TV. Go to the Hulu website from a web browser and click the Start Your Free Trial button. Select Hulu + Live TV from the Hulu plan options and fill in the sign-up form by providing a name, create a password, enter a birthdate, gender, and ZIP code, and select Continue. Complete the process by providing payment information, which can be a credit card or PayPal details, and select Submit.
- Use the Amazon Fire TV Stick remote control to power on the device, which will open on its home screen.
- Use the remote control to navigate to the Search tab and type “Hulu + Live TV.” When the app appears, select Download, and it will automatically download onto the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- When the download completes, the Hulu + Live TV app will appear on the Amazon Fire TV Stick’s home screen. Use the remote control to navigate to the app and select it to open it.
- Enter the account credentials created in Step 1 to log in to Hulu + Live TV. The setup process will be complete, and the user can start streaming Hulu + Live TV on their Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Can you watch Hulu + Live TV on older Amazon Fire TV Stick models?
In addition to Amazon Fire TV Stick, Hulu + Live TV is also available on current Amazon Fire TV devices. This includes the Amazon Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire TV Recast, and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
However, Hulu + Live TV isn’t compatible with older Amazon Fire TV devices, such as:
- Kindle Fire HDX and HDX WAN (2013)
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2013)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire 7 (2017)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Fire HD 8 (2017)
- Fire HD 10 (2015 and 2017)
- Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2014)
Hulu + Live TV supported devices
Hulu + Live TV customers can stream the service through web browsers for computers and laptops and on any device that supports its apps. Supported devices include:
- Amazon Echo and Echo Show devices
- Amazon Fire TV streaming devices
- Android mobile phones and tablets 5.0 or later
- Android TV
- Apple iOS mobile devices 12 or later
- Apple TV 4th generation or later streaming devices
- Google Chrome OS
- Google Chromecast
- HiSense, Samsung Smart, Sony Bravia, and Vizio SmartCast smart TVs
- macOS X 10.9 or above
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Nvidia Shield streaming device
- Nintendo Switch gaming console
- Roku streaming devices
- Web browsers for computers and laptops
- Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series S gaming consoles
- Xiaomi Mi Box
How to download Hulu + Live TV content on Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Amazon Fire TV Stick doesn’t allow users to download content from Hulu + Live TV or any other streaming service. However, the Hulu live service does come with a cloud digital video recorder (DVR) feature that provides 50 hours of storage space. That can be bumped to 200 hours of storage space and the option to fast-forward through commercials with the Enhanced DVR add-on, which costs an extra $9.99/mo.
While live streaming services like Hulu + Live TV don’t enable downloads, plenty do allow customers to take their content on the go. For example, its on-demand Hulu service enables offline downloads, as do similar services like CBS All Access and Disney+.
The final cut
Hulu + Live TV is one of the best services available in the growing live video streaming marketplace. It enables customers to stream a wide range of live TV, including popular entertainment and lifestyle channels, around the clock news, and plenty of live sports. It also provides access to the Hulu on-demand content library, which is home to thousands of movies and TV shows, including Hulu’s own original programming. This on-demand content can be downloaded onto mobile phones and tablets to watch offline. Hulu + Live TV’s standard plan starts at $64.99/mo. and offers the option to remove ads from on-demand content for $74.99/mo. New customers get a 7-day free trial to try out the Hulu + Live TV service before they continue with a paid subscription.