Paramount+ is a streaming service that includes an on-demand library and enables subscribers to watch live shows. Paramount+ subscribers can watch the service via apps for mobile devices and streaming media players, such as Roku.
Roku provides a wide range of streaming devices that people can use to watch their favorite streaming services on their TV, from set-top boxes and streaming sticks to media hubs and smart TVs. Devices like the Roku Express, Roku Premiere, and Roku Ultra require an HDMI cable to connect to a TV, while the Roku Streaming Stick plugs into an empty HDMI port on the TV. Roku also has a range of smart TVs that enable users to download streaming service apps directly onto their TV. Roku devices come with a remote control that enables users to manage playback options on their TV.
The Paramount+ streaming app launched in 2014, First as CBS All Access now Paramount+, enabling subscribers to tune in to live news and sports, as well as an on-demand library. Paramount+ is home to the back catalog of CBS’s original programming, including classic and recent TV series. It also provides subscribers with hundreds of movies and other TV shows on-demand.
Paramount+ provides viewers with two plans to choose from. Its ad-supported Limited Commercials option costs $5.99/mo. or $59.99/yr. The Commercial Free plan costs $9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr. In addition to offering an ad-free experience, the Commercial Free plan also allows users to download content to watch offline.
This article will explore the Roku Paramount+ options available to streamers and provide advice on how to watch Paramount+ on Roku devices.
How to get Paramount+ on Roku
Getting Paramount+ downloaded onto a Roku device is a quick and easy process. The user needs to sign up for a CBS All Access account and have a Roku device that’s registered, set up, connected to a Wi-Fi network, and plugged into their TV.
Follow these five steps to start streaming CBS All Access on Roku.
- Users who haven’t already subscribed to CBS All Access will need to create an account by visiting the CBS website on a web browser. On the homepage, either click the Try CBS All Access button in the top right corner or scroll down to the Try It Free button. Click the Continue button, choose between the Limited Commercials or Commercial Free plans, then select either an annual or monthly payment option. Click the Continue button again, then start the account creation process by entering details, including birthdate, email, full name, gender, password, and zip code. Click Continue to proceed to the payment details screen, and provide either credit card or PayPal information. Select the Start CBS All Access button on the right of the page to start the 7-day free trial.
- Turn on the Roku device and the TV set by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote control.
- Use the remote control to navigate to the Search tab on the Roku main menu, then type in “CBS All Access.” The CBS All Access app will appear, select it using the remote control’s OK button, then hit the Add Channel option. CBS All Access will begin downloading automatically. An alternative option is to navigate to the Streaming Channels tab from the Roku main menu, open the Movies & TV category, find and select CBS All Access, then select Add Channel.
- When the download is complete, the CBS All Access app will be available on the home screen of the Roku device. Use the remote control to navigate to the CBS All Access app, then hit the OK button on the remote to open the app.
- Sign in to the CBS All Access app by entering the login credentials created in Step 1 using the Roku remote control. This will complete the sign-in process and enable the user to stream live and on-demand CBS All Access content on their Roku device.
Can you watch Paramount+ on older Roku models?
Paramount+ can’t be watched on legacy Roku device models that can’t be updated to the latest Roku operating system. These models are:
- Roku 1 and Roku SE (2710X)
- Roku 2 (2720X)
- Roku 2 HD (3000X)
- Roku 2 XD (3050X)
- Roku 2 XS (3100X)
- Roku DVP (N1000)
- Roku HD (N1100)
- Roku HD-XR (N1101)
- Roku HD (2000C and 2500X)
- Roku LT (2400X, 2450X, and 2700X)
- Roku SD (N1050)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3400X and 3420X)
- Roku XD (2050X, 2050N, 2100N, and 2100X)
Paramount+ Supported Devices
Paramount+ subscribers can watch the service on the Roku family of devices, which includes the Roku Express and Roku Express+, Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+, Roku smart TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roke Ultra, and Roku Ultra LT.
In addition to Roku devices, Paramount+ is available on a wide range of devices. This includes watching it through web browsers on desktops and laptops, as well as providing apps for gaming consoles, mobile phones, popular streaming media players, and tablets.
Paramount+ subscribers can register an unlimited number of devices to their account, but they are limited to watching on 3 devices at the same time.
Devices that support Paramount+ are:
- Amazon Fire TV streaming devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple iPad and iPhone phones and tablets
- Apple TV streaming devices
- Google Chromecast casting devices
- LG, Samsung, and VIZIO smart TVs
- PlayStation 4 gaming console
- Roku streaming devices
- Web browsers on computers and laptops
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X gaming consoles
How to download Paramount+ on Roku
Unfortunately, Roku’s streaming media players don’t enable users to download content onto the devices. However, Paramount+ Commercial Free plan subscribers can use the unlimited device registration feature to add their mobile device to their account. This enables them to download movies and shows from the CBS All Access on-demand library onto their mobile device and watch the content offline. Users can have a maximum of 25 videos downloaded onto their device at any time. Users who would like to download content might consider taking a look at services such as Netflix ($8.99/mo.) and Hulu ($5.99/mo.)
The final cut
Paramount+ is a great streaming service for anyone who likes the network’s own original content. In addition to CBS content, it also provides access to Hollywood hits and other popular shows in its library of 479 movies and 376 TV shows.
Roku’s Paramount+ coverage is available via the Roku app. Users must log in with their Paramount+ credentials. The service provides two subscription options to users. The ad-supported Limited Commercials plan costs $5.99/mo. or $59.99/yr. And the Commercials Free option costs $9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr. Paramount+ comes with a 7-day free trial for new customers to try the service before they continue with a paid-for plan.