Paramount+ is a streaming service that enables users to watch CBS content past and present, as well as live programming. The service is available through apps for popular devices and streaming media players, such as Amazon Fire TV.
CBS launched its All Access streaming app in 2014. Now titled Paramount+. It enables subscribers to watch a range of the network’s own shows, live news programming, movies, and sports games that air on CBS channels. The service gives viewers 2 plans to choose from. The Limited Commercials plan serves ads before and during shows and costs $5.99/mo. or $59.99/yr. The Commercial Free plan offers ad-free content, as well as downloads and offline viewing for $9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr.
Amazon Fire TV is a family of streaming devices that cord-cutters can use to watch their favorite streaming services, movies, and TV shows on their TV set. Devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Cube connect to a TV through an HDMI cable, while the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K plug directly into the HDMI port on a TV. Amazon Fire TV devices are powered by a remote control that enables users to control playback and navigate the device on their TV set.
This article will explore how to watch CBS on FireStick, as well as the options available to watch CBS All Access on all Amazon Fire TV devices.
How to get Paramount+ on Amazon Fire TV
Getting Paramount+ installed and set up to enjoy the great content on the service through an Amazon Fire TV is a quick and simple process. Just follow these five steps:
- Sign up for the Paramount+ service by visiting the Paramount+ website from a web browser. Select the Try Paramount+ button in the top right corner of the home page or the Try It Free button further down the home page. Hit Continue, then select the Limited Commercials or Commercial Free option, and choose between annual and monthly payment options. Hit Continue again, then create an account by providing details including birthdate, email, full name, gender, password, and zip code. Hit Continue again and enter payment details, which can be a credit card or PayPal. Then select the Start Paramount+ button on the right of the screen to begin a 7-day free trial of the service.
- Turn on the Amazon Fire TV device using the remote control, then navigate to its home screen.
- Use the remote control to open the Search option and type in “Paramount+.” The Paramount+ app will appear, so select it, then click the Download button, and it will begin downloading to the Amazon Fire TV device automatically.
- When it’s finished downloading, the Paramount+ app will be listed on the home screen of the Amazon Fire TV device. Use the remote control to navigate to the app, select it, and the app will open up.
- Sign in to the Paramount+ app by using the remote control to enter the login details created in Step 1. The sign-in process will be complete, and the user can start streaming the great content available on Paramount+ app through their Amazon Fire TV device.
Can you watch Paramount+ on older Amazon Fire TV models?
Paramount+ is available to download and stream content on a wide range of Amazon Fire TV devices. To support the Paramount+ app, devices must run the Fire OS 5 operating system or newer.
The following Amazon Fire TV devices and versions are compatible with Paramount+:
- Kindle Fire HDX and HDX WAN (2013)
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2013)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire 7 (2017)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Fire HD 8 (2017)
- Fire HD 10 (2015 and 2017)
- Fire HDX 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2014)
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
The following older Amazon Fire TV devices aren’t compatible with Paramount+:
- Fire Phone— SD4930UR
- Kindle Fire (2011 and 2012)
- Kindle Fire HD (2012 and 2013)
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and 8.9 WAN (2012)
- Marvell PXA986
- Slate 7
- Slate 7 Extreme
- Slate 7 Plus
Paramount+ Supported Devices
The Paramount+ service is available to watch on a wide range of devices in addition to Amazon Fire TV. This includes desktops and laptops, gaming consoles, mobile phones, other streaming devices, and tablets. Users can register an unlimited number of devices on their account, but simultaneous streams are limited to 3 devices watching the service at the same time.
Devices that support Paramount+ are:
- Amazon Fire TV streaming devices
- Android phones and tablets
- Apple iPad and iPhone phones and tablets
- Apple TV streaming devices
- Google Chromecast casting devices
- LG, Samsung, and VIZIO smart TVs
- PlayStation 4 gaming console
- Roku streaming devices
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X gaming consoles
How to download Paramount+ on Amazon Fire TV
Like most other streaming devices, it’s not possible to download Paramount+ shows on an Amazon Fire TV device. However, users who subscribe to the Commercial Free Paramount+ plan can download movies and shows to watch offline on their mobile devices. This enables them to watch CBS shows and movies in its on-demand library whenever they like. Users can store up to 25 movies or TV shows on their mobile devices at any time.
The final cut
Paramount+ has a sizable on-demand library of 479 movies and 376 TV series, including the network’s own original shows. Amazon Fire TV users can access this content by downloading the Paramount+ app for their device and log in using their CBS customer credentials. Paramount+s has 2 plans available, which start at $5.99/mo. or $59.99/yr. for the ads included Limited Commercials service and $9.99/mo. or $99.99/yr. for the Commercial Free option.