Apple TV+ is one of the newer streaming services on the market. Apple launched its exclusive streamer in late 2019 and has maintained its library of completely original content ever since. Whereas some might have been skeptical of a streaming service with nothing but original content, Apple proved everyone wrong by releasing shows and movies that have gone on to win top prizes in Hollywood’s elite award shows. Not to mention Apple TV+’s shows and movies have top-tier talent leading the charge, making it an extremely appealing streaming service.
Pair that with Amazon’s banner streaming device – Fire TV – and you’ve got a great match in terms of entertainment. Amazon Fire devices run the gamut from a simple plug-in stick to a whole TV, and any of these devices will run your Apple TV+ stream. Ready to get going? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know for how to watch Apple TV+ on Amazon Fire devices.
What is Apple TV+?
Apple TV+ is an affordable streaming service provided by Apple. It costs just $5 per month, but for many users of Apple products, it’s free, at least for a little while. Apple often offers a free three months of Apple TV+ with the purchase of a new Apple product, like an iPhone for example. You simply activate your subscription after purchasing the device and you have a free three months of streaming before having to pay the $5 per month.
Apple TV+ is all original content by Apple, including TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more. It covers a wide variety of genres, including drama, romance, suspense, and everything in between.
Apple TV+ supported Amazon Fire streaming devices
Apple TV+ is widely available, which makes it incredibly easy to stream on your Amazon Fire devices. In fact, Apple TV+ is available just about everywhere at this point, including the following Amazon Fire TV devices:
- Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
- Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016)
- Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 2)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 1)
- Fire TV – Gen 3 (2017)
- Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
- Fire TV Edition – Toshiba 4K (2018, 2020)
- Fire TV Edition – Insignia 4K (2018, 2020)
- Fire TV Edition – Toshiba HD (2018)
- Fire TV Edition – Insignia HD (2018)
- Fire TV Edition – JVC 4K (2019)
- Fire TV Edition – Grundig Vision 6 HD (2019)
- Fire TV Edition – Grundig Vision 7, 4K (2019)
- Fire TV Edition – Grundig OLED 4K (2019)
- Fire TV Edition – JVC Smart HD/FHD (2020)
- Fire TV Edition – ok 4K (2020)
- Fire TV Edition – Onida HD (2019, 2020)
- Fire TV Edition – AB/AKAI/Croma UHD (2020)
How to watch Apple TV+ on Amazon Fire devices
- Sign up for Apple TV+: First, you need to get an Apple TV+ account. You can navigate to the Apple TV+ website to create an account and get a free seven-day trial before subscribing. After the free trial, the cost is $5 per month. You’ll need to input all of your info and payment info to create the account.
- Start your Amazon Fire device: Turn on your TV and your Amazon Fire device so that it’s ready to go. Make sure you’re connected to the internet!
- Add Apple TV+: Depending on your Amazon Fire device, you might already see the Apple TV app on your home screen. If not, navigate to the Find button and select App Store. There you’ll find all the apps available, including Apple TV (which is where Apple TV+ lives). Select Apple TV and then Get to add it to your home screen.
- Open the Apple TV app: Now that Apple TV is on your home screen, go ahead and open it. Within this app, you’ll find Apple TV+. You should see it on the top navigation bar. It’s in here that you should have to enter your subscription credentials to log in. Once you’re logged in, you have access to everything Apple TV+ has to offer.
Apple TV+ content on Amazon Fire devices
What’s cool about Apple TV+ is that it has a plethora of original content — award-winning content, at that. You can choose from TV shows like The Morning Show and Ted Lasso and movies like Greyhound starring Tom Hanks. Plus, there are many non-fiction shows and movies, including Billie Eilish’s film The World’s a Little Blurry and Bruce Springsteen’s Letter to You. The whole family can enjoy Apple TV+ too because there’s a special section called Family Fun. It includes titles like Doug Unplugs and The Snoopy Show.
Apple TV+ keeps rolling out more and more content with big-name stars attached. There are future seasons of popular shows in the pipeline, as well as more feature films starring the likes of Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, and Octavia Spencer.
The content on Apple TV+ is unique in that it’s completely exclusive to the streamer. Because everything is original, the only place you can watch it is through Apple with your subscription. The Apple TV app, where you’ll find Apple TV+, also allows you to stream movies or shows you purchased through iTunes.
The final cut
Apple TV+ is a fun little streaming service with so much to offer for just $5 a month. It’s readily available on your Amazon Fire devices, so it’s super simple to tune into the app’s award-winning original content. Plus, if you’re an Apple device user, you might even be able to get your subscription for free!