Tonight’s early game is an Atlantic Division showdown as the division-leading Philadelphia 76ers travel I-95 North to the Barclays Center to take on Brooklyn Nets.
The 76ers are 7-1 and are looking to extend their 5-game winning streak. Not only are the 76ers the top team in the Atlantic Division, but they are currently the best team in the NBA. They’re coming off 141-136 of a victory against the Washington Wizards where Joel Embiid scored 38 points in 37 minutes. In that contest, journeyman guard Seth Curry scored 28 points, including 6 out of 7 3-pointers — 5 in the first quarter. The Sixers will need that similar all-around effort to continue their winning streak and exit Brooklyn with a win tonight.
At 4-4, the Brooklyn Nets have played well below their expectations and capabilities. The Nets are 2-3 in their last 5 games, but they are coming off an impressive 130-96 win against the Utah Jazz. Without Kevin Durant and Spencer Dinwiddie, Kyrie Irving stepped up for the undermanned Nets with a team-high of 29 points. Durant will miss tonight’s game due to COVID-19 protocols and Dinwiddie will be out the rest of the season, so Brooklyn will need another great performance by Irving to upset Philly.
There will be no fans in the Barclays Center; however, cord cutters can find out how to watch 76ers vs. Nets below.
When to Watch 76es vs. Nets
Tip-off for Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets is scheduled for 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 7, 2021. The game will be nationally televised on TNT with local broadcasts available on the YES Network.
Where to Watch 76ers vs. Nets
Cord cutters can watch all the action live from the hardwood by subscribing to any streaming service that carries TNT or by using the Watch TNT app. Choosing from any of these subscription services below has its benefits because there are no hidden fees, you can cancel anytime with most offering a free trial for new subscribers.
- AT&T TV Now: Subscribers to AT&TV Now can watch the NBA on TNT, and over 45 other channels for only $55/month with their Plus package. 500 hours of DVR is included so you won’t miss your team’s victories on the hardwood, and you can record your other favorite shows.
- Hulu + Live TV: For $65/month, Hulu + Live TV gives you access to TNT, NBA on TNT, over 65 channels, and access to Hulu’s large library of content including exclusive shows and movies. With 50 hours of Cloud DVR included you’ll be able to record this game, and much more.
- fuboTV: Perhaps the best sports-orientated streaming service is fuboTV because subscribers can watch TNT, NBA on TNT, over 130 events in 4K, and 110 channels, starting at $64.99/month. 250 hours of Cloud DVR means there is plenty of room to save your favorite events.
- YouTube TV: For $65/month, YouTube TV is a great service for watching TNT, NBA on TNT, and over 85 other channels. With unlimited Cloud DVR storage, it’s the perfect place to record your favorite games, catch up on all of the buildup for the week, analyst predictions, and have the ability to come back to it at season’s end.
- Sling TV : Sling subscribers can choose from their Sling Orange or Sling Blue packages for only $30/month and it includes 10 hours of Cloud DVR storage. Sling is one of the most affordable services to watch the NBA every week on TNT, and it comes with over 30 other channels.
- NBA League Pass: Fans can watch live games from their favorite out-of-market teams with one of the packages provided by NBA League Pass. For $119.99/yr. or $17.99/mo. fans can watch all the games from an out-of-market team with Team Pass. Catch every game from any out-of-market team for only $28.99/mo. or $199/yr. with League Pass. Upgrade to a commercial-free experience with League Pass Premium and watch every game from an out-of-market team for only $249.99/yr. or $39.99 mo.
Due to the NBA’s blackout restrictions, local fans may have to watch the game on the YES Network, which is available on AT&T TV Now. Regional sports networks coverage varies based on location, but if these networks are subject to blackout in your location then you should be able to watch the national broadcast on TNT.