Week 16 of the NFL regular season kicks off tonight with a matchup between two teams with postseason hopes. The 8-6 San Francisco 49ers travel to Music City to take on a 9-5 Tennessee Titans team.
The 49ers have been hot in recent weeks and have won 6 of their last 8 games. The team. The Niners have the 6th-ranked defense in the NFL and the 7th-ranked passing attack, with QB Jimmy Garoppolo 8 TDs against 3 INTs while completing over 65% of his passes in each of their last 5 games. Entering the week, San Francisco is the 6th seed in the NFC and are only 2 games behind the Rams for the 5th seed, who they’ll square off with in the Week 18 finale.
The Titans currently have the top spot in the AFC South and are the 3rd seed in a crowded AFC playoff race. They’ve been decimated by injuries and have lost 3 of their last 5 games, which includes a brutal loss to the Steelers and Texans. With 11 teams within 2 games from the Titans, Thursday’s game might be a must-win scenario.
When to Watch
Kickoff for the 49ers at Titans is scheduled for 8:20 PM ET, on Thursday, December 23 on NFL Network.
How to Watch
Fans will have plenty of options to watch all of the Thursday night action on the gridiron without spending a fortune.
Select games are available to stream through NFL digital properties such as NFL.com, the NFL app, and the digital properties of the respective teams. Plus, fans can watch the game on their phones via the Yahoo Sports app.
Most of the major subscription live TV streaming services carry this week’s games, so fans can watch the game from anywhere.
- fuboTV offers NFL Network in their Family package for $65/mo. Sports Plus with NFL RedZone is only $10.99/mo for fans who want to watch every score and the biggest plays around the league on NFL RedZone.
- Hulu + Live TV includes NFL Network for only $70/mo. Fans can watch the biggest plays of the day on NFL RedZone with the Sports add-on for only $10/mo.
- Sling TV includes NFL Network with their Blue package for only $50/mo. Big plays, highlights, scores, and the best moments of the day are available on NFL RedZone with the Sports Extra add-on package for $11/mo.
- Vidgo offers NFL Network, ESPN, ESPN 2, and FOX for only $55/mo. Vidgo is the perfect service to catch all the big scores of the day as it includes NFL RedZone.
- YouTube TV has NFL Network for only $65/mo. With the Sports Plus add-on, fans can watch the biggest plays and scores on NFL RedZone for $11/mo.
Predicting the Winners
The Titans will protect the home field and squeak out a victory against the 49ers. Expect a close game but it will come down to which QB can make a play – Ryan Tannehill or Jimmy G. The Titans have not played consistently all season with a few ugly losses, but Thursday night we will remember the Titans for locking up a victory before the holiday.
How to Watch Your Favorite NFL Team
- How to watch the Buffalo Bills
- How to watch the Miami Dolphins
- How to watch the New England Patriots
- How to watch the New York Jets
- How to watch the Las Vegas Raiders
- How to watch the Kansas City Chiefs
- How to watch the Denver Broncos
- How to watch the Los Angeles Chargers
- How to watch the Cleveland Browns
- How to watch the Baltimore Ravens
- How to watch the Cincinnati Bengals
- How to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers
- How to watch the Jacksonville Jaguars
- How to watch the Tennessee Titans
- How to watch the Houston Texans
- How to watch the Indianapolis Colts
- How to watch the Washington Football Team
- How to watch the Philadelphia Eagles
- How to watch the Dallas Cowboys
- How to watch the New York Giants
- How to watch the Los Angeles Rams
- How to watch the Seattle Seahawks
- How to watch the Arizona Cardinals
- How to watch the San Francisco 49ers
- How to watch the Chicago Bears
- How to watch the Minnesota Vikings
- How to watch the Green Bay Packers
- How to watch the Detroit Lions