Housing an expansive collection of iconic Disney content and exclusive originals, Disney Plus is a strong competitor in the streaming industry. What further strengthens its offering is the robust lineup of titles from Marvel and Pixar, but most importantly, the Star Wars franchise. This makes it a must-have service for diehard Star Wars fans and pop culture enthusiasts alike.
To help viewers enjoy its impressive content library to the fullest, Disney Plus also comes with a few standout features that further make the service worth the investment. For instance, it lets you stream from up to four devices at a time and supports streaming in up to 4K HDR (high-dynamic range). Read the full Disney Plus review to get a complete picture of how the service works.
On top of all this, Disney Plus works with a wide range of devices — from your gaming console to your streaming media player. You can even get it on your smart TV, so you don’t have to invest in an additional device to stream movies and shows on the service. But even if there’s no Disney Plus app for your TV, you can still watch it using a variety of streaming and casting devices.
This post gives you a detailed guide on how to get Disney Plus on your TV.
How to get Disney Plus on an LG, Philips, or Sony smart TV
If you want to find out how to watch Disney Plus on TV, all it takes is downloading the app from your TV’s App Store and installing it. The process is pretty similar across popular Android TV devices such as LG, Philips, and Sony smart TVs. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection on your TV.
- Select the Google Play Store on your home screen. On LG TVs, you need to locate the LG Content Store instead.
- Go to the search box and type in “Disney Plus.” This will bring up the app in the suggestions or search results.
- Select the app icon and press “Install” to begin the installation process. It’ll only take a few minutes to finish installing.
- Go back to your home screen and select the Disney+ icon to launch it.
- Use your credentials to log in to Disney+ and start streaming your favorite movies and shows.
How to get Disney Plus on a Roku TV or Samsung smart TV
You can also get the Disney Plus app for your Roku TV or your Samsung smart TV, but the process to install it varies slightly for these devices.
First, let’s take a look at the steps on how to stream Disney Plus using your Roku TV. Read our guide on how to watch Disney Plus on Roku to make sure that you have the right Roku TV model for it.
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection on your Roku TV.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store and search for “Disney Plus” in the search box.
- Select the app icon and choose “Add Channel” to begin the installation. It’ll only take a few minutes to finish installing.
- Go back to your home screen and select the Disney Plus app to launch it. You can also find the app under the “Movies & TV” category of the “Streaming Channels” option on your Roku TV.
- Use your credentials to log in to your Disney+ account and start streaming your favorite movies and shows.
To stream Disney Plus from your Samsung TV, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have a reliable connection on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the “Smart Hub” button on your remote to open up the home screen.
- Select the “Apps” button at the bottom of your home screen. This will open up all the apps available for Samsung smart TVs.
- Use the search box to look for “Disney Plus.”
- Select the app icon and choose “Add to Home.” While Samsung gives you the option to open the app without adding it to your home screen, you’ll have to go through the whole process of searching for it again the next time you want to access it.
- Go to your home screen and choose the app icon to launch it.
- Log in with your credentials and start streaming your favorite movies and shows on Disney Plus from your Samsung smart TV.
How to get Disney Plus on Fire TV Edition smart TVs
There are several Fire TV Edition smart TVs from brands like Onida and Toshiba, which will let you stream Disney Plus content. To learn how to stream Disney Plus on these devices, follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have a reliable connection on your Fire TV Edition smart TV.
- Select the “Apps” option from the Fire TV menu at the top. This will bring up all the apps available for your Fire TV Edition smart TV. There’s no option to do a direct search on this screen, so it can be a little time-consuming to find the app you want to install.
- Choose “Categories” to open up all the available app categories.
- Select “Movies & TV” to display all the streaming service apps you can install on your Fire TV Edition smart TV. And look for the Disney+ app among these options.
- Select the Disney+ app icon and press “Download” to begin the installation.
- Go to your home screen and select the Disney+ app icon to launch it.
- Log in with your credentials and start streaming your favorite movies and shows with your Fire TV Edition smart TV.
What if my smart TV does not list the app?
If you check out our Disney Plus device compatibility guide, you’ll find that you can’t get the app on every TV. So you might wonder, “How do I get Disney Plus on my TV if there’s no app for it?” The answer lies in casting and streaming devices, which will let you stream Disney Plus on your TV.
Disney Plus works with almost every type of casting and streaming device. That means you should be able to watch it on your TV by connecting it with an Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, or Roku streaming device. You can also cast it from your Apple phone using Apple AirPlay. And you can even use Chromecast to cast Disney Plus from your Chrome browser or your Android or iOS device.
Keep in mind that you won’t get a separate Disney Plus app for Chromecast. And it’s super easy to cast Disney Plus from your device to your TV. You just need to download the app on your phone or tablet. And make sure that the Chromecast is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the device you’re streaming from.
Next, open the app on your phone or tablet (or the official Disney Plus website if you’re streaming from a Chrome browser on your computer). Select the video you want to watch and tap on the cast icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen to scan for Chromecast-enabled devices. This looks like a small square with three curved lines at the bottom.
Just choose the device you want to cast your stream to (in this case, your TV), and you can start watching Disney Plus videos on your TV.
Even on other streaming devices, the setup process is pretty straightforward. So you should be able to start streaming Disney Plus on your TV in just a few steps.
Disney Plus on your TV FAQs
Can I watch Disney Plus content in 4K on my TV?
You can get 4K streams of supported Disney Plus content as long as you use a TV with a 4K display.
Can I sign up for a Disney Plus free trial through my TV?
Unfortunately for new subscribers, Disney Plus no longer offers a free trial at the time of writing this post. But you should be able to sign up for a new, paid subscription even through your TV, although it’s much simpler to do this on the website as it’s easier to navigate. Before subscribing, you can learn more about how much the service costs through our Disney Plus pricing and free trial guide.
Can I stream Disney Plus on my TV using a gaming console?
Yes, Disney Plus now works with both PS4 and Xbox One. So if you have any of these gaming consoles, you can use them to stream Disney Plus on your TV.