Hisense has just added the R8F 4K Hisense Roku TV to their lineup. Hisense says the new model will combine stellar picture quality with the Roku OS for an incredible viewing experience.
“At Hisense, we understand that what matters most to viewers is the experience they have while watching TV,” said David Gold, Hisense USA Vice President, Consumer Electronics. “By partnering with Roku, we’ve combined our superior performance and quality with a world of content. The result is the R8F, which delivers an immersive viewing experience that’s perfect for relaxing with the family, enjoying a game, or experiencing your favorite movie or TV series.”
When Hisense technology is combined with the Roku OS, viewers will be able to easily access their apps and content. The new models also allow viewers to use Google Assistant and to connect their Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
“This Hisense R8 television establishes an exciting new standard as a flagship model for Hisense, with incredible brightness and support for wide dynamic range features that can deliver a beautiful picture,” said David Sharp, VP of product management for Roku TV. “With the large library of 4K movies and TV shows available on the Roku platform, combined with support for features like HDR10, consumers should really enjoy this ULED 4K Roku TV.”The R8F elevates the viewing experience with several premium features:
- ULED: Proprietary to Hisense, ULED technology takes an already great image and improves it in real-time, resulting in a brighter picture, higher contrast, smoother motion and better visual processing.
- High-View Engine: The R8F automatically adjusts picture and sound settings based on the content without the need for complex menu adjustments. Sports fans see smoother motion, movie lovers see greater contrast and gamers immerse themselves in more vivid imagery and ultra-low lag times – all with seamlessly tuned audio.
- Wide Color Gamut: The R8F increases the total array of colors and hues on display to over 1 billion, meaning HDR content has brighter highlights, wider color-range and a deeper level of contrast for a more realistic image.
- Full Array Local Dimming: With a large number of local dimming zones, the R8F offers better control of which areas of the screen are brighter and which remain darker, resulting in superior black detail and enhanced picture sharpness.
- Dolby Atmos™: Dolby Atmos creates powerful, moving audio that fills your room and flows around you.
- Dolby Vision™ High Dynamic Range: Dolby Vision HDR transforms your TV experience with dramatic imaging that brings entertainment to life.
Roku Platform Features:
- Simple Home Screen: With Roku TV, it’s easy for consumers to watch what they love. The home screen lets people quickly switch between icons for cable, antenna, and gaming, as well as streaming channels. Consumers can stream free TV, live news, sports, and 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across thousands of channels.
- Roku Zones: Search for a genre or topical subject for a curated selection of relevant content from channels across the Roku platform. Roku Zones are organized into browsable, categorized rows that may include new releases, titles that are free to watch, rentals and more.
- 4K Spotlight Channel: A content-first, hand-curated selection of brilliant 4K entertainment from channels across the Roku platform, including categories such as Most Popular, Action, Drama, TV shows, 4K channels and more.
- Roku Voice: Roku TV customers can use their voice remote or Roku mobile app to quickly set a sleep timer on their TV by saying things like “Go to sleep at 11 p.m.” They can also find movie results by searching for the top quotes from thousands of popular movies across the Roku platform.
- Easy-to-use remote: Designed to fit comfortably in the hand, the simple Roku remote has everything people need to stream and control their TV, including one-touch access to popular channels like Netflix.
- Free Roku mobile app: Control Roku TV, enjoy private listening with headphones, use Roku Voice, and more on iOS® and Android™.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!