DC Comics has announced a standalone 24-hr event this summer aside from its usual appearance at San Diego Comic-Con. Although it’s a strange year to initiate a brand new convention, there are plenty of devout fans so it’s about time the DC universe got its very own event. Like this year’s Comic-Con, DC’s event, called FanDome, will be completely virtual. Here’s what we know about it so far.
When and where is it?
The official name of the event is FanDome. It’s a virtual convention that will kick off on August 22nd at 1 PM ET and run for 24 hours.
What exactly is it?
It’s a mega, 24-hour, immersive virtual fan experience which brings the Universe of DC to life, according to the press release. During the event, DC Comics and WarnerMedia will release teasers and official announcements for upcoming games, comics, TV shows and films. We can also expect some interviews and discussions with talent from some of the most anticipated new releases coming up, including Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls , Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the Snyder Cut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, Shazam!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans Go!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsider, and Wonder Woman 1984.
The interactive virtual world will have a main event called “Hall of Heroes” where major new announcements will take place. There will also be 5 satellite worlds branching off into DC space, each where fans can have a different experience.
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
Additionally, there will be the second annual celebration of Black nerd culture returns with the all-new Blerd & Boujee House at DC FanDome, bringing Blerds, LatinxGeeks and all nerds “party-with-a-purpose” vibes.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!