Here is everything new on Britbox in February 2019:
- February 3, 2019: Vera, Season 9 Finale (US Exclusive Premiere) Two-time Oscar nominee Brenda Blethyn returns as Detective Chief Inspector Vera Stanhope, whose offbeat manner and appearance belie a knack for catching killers, but not without the aid of her trusted colleagues. The crime drama series is based on the beloved Vera Stanhope Mystery novels written by Ann Cleeves (Shetland).
- February 5, 2019: Winterwatch (North American Exclusive Premiere) Experience the wonder and spectacle of true nature from the comfort of your own home as Winterwatch returns from a new location in the wildest environment of the UK – the Cairngorms National Park. Freezing temperatures and snow laden landscape sets the backdrop as each species prove what it takes to survive in unforgiving climates. Presenters Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan, and Gillian Burke host this dramatic and very, very cold wildlife extravaganza.
- February 8, 2019: Waking the Dead, Seasons 7-9 (BritBox Premiere) Detective Superintendent Peter Boyd (Trevor Eve) is the leader of a police team of detectives and scientists known as the Cold Case Squad. The team revisits old, unsolved murder cases using the latest technology and modern methods that may not have been available during the original investigations. Trevor Eve (David Copperfield) and Sue Johnson (Downton Abbey) star.
- February 12, 2019: Boy Meets Girl, Season 1-2 (North American Streaming Premiere) Love knows no bounds in this groundbreaking comedy which tells the story about the blossoming romance between 26-year-old Leo (Harry Hepple) and 40-year-old Judy (Rebecca Root, The Danish Girl and Colette). Leo is completely comfortable with Judy being transgender, but not everyone is as cool about it as he is.
- February 19, 2019: Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators (North American Streaming Premiere) Jo Joyner (EastEnders) and Mark Benton (Midsomer Murders) portray the title roles in this hugely successful comedy crime series. Based in Stratford-Upon-Avon, Detective Investigator Frank Hathaway and rookie sidekick Luella Shakespeare form the unlikeliest partnership as they set out to crack each case in their quiet, yet secretive town. Disagreeing on nearly everything, this oddball team is surprisingly effective, although they would never admit it.
- February 22, 2019: The Alchemists (BritBox Premiere) Based on Peter James’ bestselling novel, this fast paced thriller follows three workers in the chilling world of genetic engineering. Edward Hardwicke (Elizabeth), Ruth Gemmell (Fever Pitch) and Grant Show (Melrose Place, Dynasty) star.
- February 26, 2019: One Foot in the Grave, Seasons 1-3 (BritBox Exclusive) Early retiree Victor Meldrew (Richard Wilson) believes that everything is going wrong for him, all the time. Being made redundant from his job as a security guard, his wife Margaret (Annette Crosbie) is forced to listen to his constant misfortunes. Also prone to Victor’s antics are their neighbors Patrick (Angus Deayton) and Pippa Trench (Janine Duvitsky) and family friend Jean Warboys (Doreen Mantle). Will luck ever be on his side?
BritBox is now available for $6.99 per month—after an introductory free trial period—on Roku®, Apple TV 4th Gen, all iOS and Android devices, AirPlay, Chromecast, and online at www.britbox.com. BritBox is also offered as an Amazon Channel available for Prime members on all Amazon Video capable devices and platforms including Amazon Fire TV and tablets, as well online at www.amazon.com/channels/
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.